News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plentynaira

Quote from: plentynaira on January 28, 2011, 08:28:11 AM
Quote from: plentynaira on January 27, 2011, 04:53:28 PM
Thanks man for this great app. Everything worked perfectly first 1 hour after installation.

However, I have a little issue. Have not been able to connect to Facebook

I Use SMF version RC4.

Installation was ok with no errors and I have double checkd all  settings to ensure they are correct.

I cannot connect and when I click on INVITE FRIENDS I get this error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 601: Parser error: unexpected ')' at position 70. thrown in /home/aidniger/public_html/forum/fbc/facebook.php on line 497

Counting on you as usual.

YES I FORGOT TO ADD THAT

ALREADY REGISTERED MEMBERS CANNOT INTEGRATE THEIR ACCOUNT WITH FACEBOOK YET THE SHARE AND LIKE FEATURES ARE WORKING VERY WELL.
Quote from: plentynaira on January 28, 2011, 10:25:18 AM
Quote from: Spoogs on January 28, 2011, 09:15:50 AM

Check to see if you have the mod in maintenance mode.

No

I just check again and it is not in maintenance mod

Can't really figure out what I am doing wrong

SA™

http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

plentynaira

Quote from: SA™ on January 29, 2011, 01:19:40 AM
whats your php version?

My smf Version is smf 2.0 RC4

Facebook connect version -1.0 RC4_rev285

gngf123

Quote from: plentynaira on January 29, 2011, 06:55:27 AM
Quote from: SA™ on January 29, 2011, 01:19:40 AM
whats your php version?

My smf Version is smf 2.0 RC4

Facebook connect version -1.0 RC4_rev285

That would be your version of SMF, and not PHP.

to find out your version of PHP, what I do is upload a file named something.php, with the content:

<?php
phpinfo
();
?>

plentynaira

Quote from: plentynaira on January 29, 2011, 12:54:43 AM
Quote from: plentynaira on January 28, 2011, 08:28:11 AM
Quote from: plentynaira on January 27, 2011, 04:53:28 PM
Thanks man for this great app. Everything worked perfectly first 1 hour after installation.

However, I have a little issue. Have not been able to connect to Facebook

I Use SMF version RC4.

Installation was ok with no errors and I have double checkd all  settings to ensure they are correct.

I cannot connect and when I click on INVITE FRIENDS I get this error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 601: Parser error: unexpected ')' at position 70. thrown in /home/aidniger/public_html/forum/fbc/facebook.php on line 497

Counting on you as usual.

YES I FORGOT TO ADD THAT

ALREADY REGISTERED MEMBERS CANNOT INTEGRATE THEIR ACCOUNT WITH FACEBOOK YET THE SHARE AND LIKE FEATURES ARE WORKING VERY WELL.
Quote from: plentynaira on January 28, 2011, 10:25:18 AM
Quote from: Spoogs on January 28, 2011, 09:15:50 AM

Check to see if you have the mod in maintenance mode.

No

I just check again and it is not in maintenance mod

Can't really figure out what I am doing wrong

:) :) My app is now working fine.
I install the ad Management package and Facebook connect started working on its own

I am no PHP guru and don't really know how but it feels like MAGIC.

Thanks to you all! I appreciate ;)

Bobn

Any luck getting this to post to my fan page (for my forum) rather then my profile page yet? Im sure this will be well received.

kingjazz

Not working with Chrome :( I even went to SA's website and the same thing happen there too :p no Connect button, just a static non-clickable text saying: Connect to Facebook :(

Any thoughts? :)

If however I open SA's or my forum in IE (God forbid!) it works fine....I wanna cry :p

Egil

Dinosaur770

Hi, when i try to install mod i get this error:
1.    Extract Tree    ./Sources/FB_Connect    
2.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/FB_Connect.template.php    
3.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/FB_Connect_admin.template.php    
4.    Extract Tree    ./fbc    
5.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/facebook.png    
6.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/facebook.gif    
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.turkish.php    Skipping file
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.turkish-utf8.php    Skipping file
11.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php            Test successful
12.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/PortalBlocks.php                    Skipping file
13.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
14.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Display.php                             Test successful
15.    Execute Modification    ./index.php                                            Test successful
16.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php                                    Test successful
17.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Profile.php                            Test failed
18.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php                                    Test successful
19.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
20.    Execute Code                       installScript.php

can any one help me here? thank you very much =)

SA™

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

WhiteEagle

Just curious on how to get this to show up on the Aurora theme. Thanks!
I fold for team 52482. Do you Fold@Home?
SMF powered sites: Leet Link LeetSpace.com

darcysarto

I have smf version 1.1.12 I have installed this mod, created an App on Facebook and everything seems to be working fine.

I was just wondering if there is any advice anywhere on how best to use it, I am not a great Facebook user and so am not sure how to get the best use out of all the features.

Thanks.

ben sisko

hello

i got this error:
Quotehttp://mysite.com/index.php?pretty;action=profile&amp;amp;area=listAwards;u=18: Undefined index: viewFile: /home/mysite/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Facebook.english.php (awards_list sub template - eval?)
Line: 3190

i have SMF 2.0 RC4 with SA Facebook connect mod, Member Awards and some other mods.
the Facebook mod was installed mostly manually because of the many modifications installed, so i may have done something wrong..  :-[

any ideas?

EDIT

i have a new error that apperead when a new user has connected (presumably using his FB account):

Quotehttp://mysite.com/index.php?action=facebook8: iconv() [<a href='function.iconv'>function.iconv</a>]: Detected an illegal character in input stringFile: /home/mysite/public_html/Sources/FB_Connect/FB_Connect_Subs.php

NetBuM

Thanks for the great mod!  Recently, our forum was hacked and when I re-installed SMF 2.0 RC 4 the like button (for the forum) appears twice below the banner on the left.  I can't figure out how to get rid of it. 

hxxp:gravesidetales.com/forum [nonactive]

Thank you in advance,

NetB

eyo

has got to be one of the toughest mods to get to work in my experience :(

nubieteky

ei there is a lot of pages for me to back read on > from the first page i think the mod is not applicable to my SMF 1.1.13 forum is there an update?

SA™

@eyo
whats so hard about it? i mean all you need t do is setup your facebook app and input the keys in facebook admin

@nubieteky
no it isnt compatabl with 1.1.13 yet i dont develope the smf 1 version

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

imatt87

I switched on the Like facility which looks great but it only ever seems to like login if that makes sense on any page it says "X Person Likes Login" rather than the actual URL or the thread.

SA™

guest need to be able to veiw the topic for it to work

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Advertisement: