SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SA™

im sure you all got an email from facebook telling you about email chnages this is important and must be done in order to send mail thu fb connect here what you need to do

1. Configuring Your Email Domain
You need to specify the domain from where you will send email to your users. Edit your settings in the Developer application.

On the Advanced tab, specify the domain in the Email Domain field. If you have more than one application, you can specify different domains for each application.

Specifying an email domain allows Facebook to safeguard against users' email addresses being sold to third parties. Any developers found violating this policy will have their applications immediately and permanently disabled.

Note: If a user provided you with a proxied email address, Facebook will use facebookappmail.com as the sender's domain, not the domain specified above.

here is the documention
http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Communicating_with_Users_via_Email#1._Configuring_Y

please note you need todo this for email to work
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Filipina

Looks like there are some complicated options to consider the more I look into this. Once it got into the "Extended Permissions" it went over my head. Requiring Email Addresses, Email Permission, Querying for the User's Email Address, Unsubscribing Users. Hmmm.. I hope others that have gone through this entire process can give feeback on the best way to set it up.   

Filipina

Sorry just have a couple more question hope someone can help :)

When it says "allow XXXXXX to contact me at: my Facebook contact email ([email protected]) change" what if the person says "no"? 1) How are they registered on our site without email? 2) So does that mean they cannot receive email from our site and how do we control that?

When someone logs out of both facebook and our site with facebook connect are they really logging out of our site too because I did a test and it appears they only log out of facebook.

Thanks for any assistance :) 

erus

sorry for this question but i am new smf as i used to use ipb

but on this mod where do i enter such details as th api ...etc

thanks in advance from an smf noob

Filipina

erus I think this is the answer.... "Goto admin/sa facebook connect and enter the keys in the correct places"

erus

thank you for the quick reply Filipina

found it now

as i say, i am new to this type of forum as i installed it about 30 minutes ago.

for anyone else suffering the same dumb moment as i did, it can be located here
under the configuration sub menu
#  Administration Center » SA Facebook Connect » Main Settings

--------------------------------------

now i seem to have another problem *sigh*

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /****/*****/*/*/*/*****/****/******/fbc/facebook/php/facebook.php on line 38

sorry to be a pain in the rear end

Filipina

Hmmm looks like the big guns are going to need to look into this one. SA or someone else will probably take a look at this when they are online... sorry :(

~DS~

Quote from: erus on February 17, 2010, 11:54:50 AM
thank you for the quick reply Filipina

found it now

as i say, i am new to this type of forum as i installed it about 30 minutes ago.

for anyone else suffering the same dumb moment as i did, it can be located here
under the configuration sub menu
#  Administration Center » SA Facebook Connect » Main Settings

--------------------------------------

now i seem to have another problem *sigh*

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /****/*****/*/*/*/*****/****/******/fbc/facebook/php/facebook.php on line 38

sorry to be a pain in the rear end
Attach your facebook.php and somebody might have a look into it.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

erus

SA™

Quote from: erus on February 17, 2010, 12:52:08 PM
attached the file this time

you need php5 to use this mod you have php4 ask your host to upgrade there php version

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

SA™

Quote from: Filipina on February 17, 2010, 10:37:42 AM
Sorry just have a couple more question hope someone can help :)

When it says "allow XXXXXX to contact me at: my Facebook contact email ([email protected]) change" what if the person says "no"? 1) How are they registered on our site without email? 2) So does that mean they cannot receive email from our site and how do we control that?

When someone logs out of both facebook and our site with facebook connect are they really logging out of our site too because I did a test and it appears they only log out of facebook.

Thanks for any assistance :) 

if they dont allow email it uses a proxymail service that will send via facebook

and yes they logut feture logs out from both site and fb

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

erus

Quote from: Sleepy Arcadeyou need php5 to use this mod you have php4 ask your host to upgrade there php version

according to my hosting company i should be able to run php5 on the server
hxxp:help.godaddy.com/topic/412/article/1076 [nonactive]  for the full article

even though it states that my current php version is 4

i have had problems with this before and been fobbed off by godaddy with instructions that i have to have every php file to be saved with a .php5 extension (would take me ages to do  ;D :o )

SA™

indeed that will take some time surly they can update it for you
there is a php4 facebook libery in the package to use but i dont have php4 to test with so i just left it in all honest tho i should think most servers use php5

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Filipina

default/images/admin/facebook.gif

I think this is missing.. i went to that file after install and it is not there plus when in ADMIN I have a x instead of image on default theme :)

SA™

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Filipina

sorry one more thing... I have couple curve themes besides default, all seem to work fine with mods... like Sudden Curve and Royal Curve.. with this MOD when user selects those themes i get this error in User Info Box and it locks everything up... any ideas.. thanks so much for button!

Fatal error: Call to undefined function show_facebook() in /xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/penpal-community/Sources/PortalBlocks.php on line 156

Edit - It think it has something to do with this

http://b.static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/zB6N8/hash/4li2k73z.gif

Edit 2 - It is happening even when I have the MOD disabled...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function show_facebook() in /xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/penpal-community/Sources/PortalBlocks.php on line 225

Edit 3 - I cannot log out  now ... menu  buttons are not working...

Last Edit - Sorry I has a lot of problems and had to unistall.. I am not sure if it was all related to the Sources/PortalBlocks.php but things shut down with the menu, not being able to log out stuff even with it disabled.

I will stil try again later at some point... thanks for trying to help :)

KensonPlays

I tried installing, but it slowed down my browser and never loaded the install finish page! I click on the "[ Install Mod ]" link, then it gives me a 500 Internal Server Error everytime I try installing!!

kingkingston

Quote from: Kcmartz on February 17, 2010, 09:33:36 PM
I tried installing, but it slowed down my browser and never loaded the install finish page! I click on the "[ Install Mod ]" link, then it gives me a 500 Internal Server Error everytime I try installing!!
Did you try changing the permissions ?

InfoStrides

I installed the mod successfully but got the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/infostridesforum.com/Sources/FB_Connect/FB_Connect_Subs.php  on line 318

Please help me check!

My website is http://www.infostridesforum.com

Thank you.

erus

@ sleepy after 2 hours on the phone and a few choice emails i have now got php5 on the server ( yay ) so going to try again and see if i can get it going correctly this time

-------------EDIT------------

just tried it out and it is working perfectly for me now,
thank you for the help SA

Advertisement: