SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legend Zero

I've tried a few different things here but I've been stuck, so time to ask around.

How would I go about integrating this with an ssi_login command?

Can't show the site yet, it's still under construction.

nza2k

Hi all,

Please, I had no answers to my questions here : http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=379105.0

I would really appreciate your feedbacks and advice

Thank you
Avis sur les voyagistes dans le forum de Voyage-Net, propulsé par SMF depuis des années :)

lolicute

Nice, its works fine!!!

@erorcun thx!

@Succubus Evaligan amiga, es fácil solo haces la aplicación, mira te envio mi correo en PM, para detallar eso y te paso la configuración.

vipmoney

Quote from: Legend Zero on May 11, 2010, 12:55:55 AM
I've tried a few different things here but I've been stuck, so time to ask around.

How would I go about integrating this with an ssi_login command?

Can't show the site yet, it's still under construction.

Hi Legend Zero,

I have the exact same doubt... integrate the mod with the ssi_login or any other simple SSI script, in order to use the feature not just on the forum, but on the entire website... unfortunately nobody replied.

But since this is a kind of "blockbuster" mod, very well scripted, advanced and everything, I'm sure that it can be done and it's probably easy... the thing is, most people here, only have foruns (not regular websites) and so, our issue is not an issue for most of users in this thread.

Anyway, I'll re-post my last post, and hopefully some kind soul will help us out on this simple question ;)

Just one question:

- I have SMF integrated with a website, how can I put the Facebook Connect working outside the forum pages? let's say, for examplo on my welcome page?
I use SSI for ssi_login(); is there any simple way to do the same for this mod? tried show_facebook(); but it doesnt work outside the forum... any ideas?
VipMoney

vipmoney

- $10 if somebody help me with this little doubt:
- [PAID $10] Help with SA Facebook Connect Integration (posted on the PAID help board)

--------------------

This is probably a simple thing:

- I have SMF integrated with a website, by that I mean that the forum is just a little part of the entire site, so I use SSI everywhere outside the board to generate permission access to some areas, userinfo, login, logout, etc.
- I have installed with success the SA Facebook Connect MOD, that means that inside the forum areas, everything works ok with the mod like it is supposed to be... but outside the forum, it doesn't work, or at least I was unable to put it working.

The question:
- How can I put the Facebook Connect working outside the forum pages? let's say, for example on my welcome page where I have a login area using ssi_login() ? or on a custom register page I have using ssi_register()?
- Is there any simple way to do the same for this mod, possible using some SSI code? tried show_facebook(); but it doesnt work outside the forum, tried to put show_facebook() inside SSI.php but I'm a noob... any ideas?

thanks in advance,

ps: payment will be made through paypal to the first working solution posted HERE.
VipMoney

ricorico

Quote from: ricorico on May 10, 2010, 09:37:46 AM
Sorry if this has been answered already.
I have an issue for facebook connect.
When Registered/Unregistered users try to use it it goes through the steps fine, but it doesnt log in, or prompt them to only log in once / register with a name once. It just takes to the login screen.

Also if someone is already logged in and they connect it cocnnects and brings up the screen, but the link doesnt change to the little user image or whatever it just says 'connect to facebook' always.

Any help on these?

friendly 2day bump. Any ideas?

IdanC

your description is just too vague

was the installation ok?
did you try installing on a fresh copy to make sure your basic settings are ok?
are there any error msg in your log?

help us help u

Walgermo

The mod is not working.

- When i click connect with facebook the page only reload, on a another compter it prombt with password and username, and when i proceed nothing happens.

- And when i am logged in, and try to integrate with facebook the same thin happens, the page reloads.

the install worked fine.

SMF 2.0 RC3 + SA Facebook Connect 0.2

Some fix for this?

kizer

Ok, I'm a bit confused. Does this allow FaceBook users to join your forum or is this a method of allowing your forum to connect to face book so when you post in your forum it can push items to Facebook?

The reason I ask is I'd really like to be able to have users from Facebook to join my forum so they don't have multiple accounts. ie Facebook and my forum.
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

Afro

When people try to register with the connect, the REGISTER button doesnt show up.
Whats the fix ?

cooleyes83

Respect Team and User ... Hi Em New here  and running Smf 1.1.1 Version. Right now i have installed SA_FBConnect_0.2_smf11x ... Every thing is fine but now i m creating the application but little bit confused what should i enter into the following blanks so please tell me what i have to do..

in a basic Infor...
Bookmark URL.......... what should be here..
Help URL.........."what should be here"
Privacy URL........"what should be here"

And IN Convas

Canvas Page URL..........."what should be here"
Canvas Callback URL......."what should be here"
Post-Authorize Redirect URL......."what should be here"

Well My Domain Name is "www,fun-masti.com"  running in a main directory when i opened it shows the following link
www.fun-mast.com/index.php

Now please anybody can help to run this mode
Thanx

~Dragon~

it is not work my sites because It is not work Unable to load the 'FB_Connect' template. and FB_Connect admin. I am tried. no who is experience find problem error log. I notice it my sites It is fail no idea. figure out tired.
Please do not PM or email, Thank respond please post fast to SMF!

Kratty256

I'm giving this mod a try again... Sorry if these questions have already been answered.

I had to edit the index.template.php for the theme named Nisan on my forum, and well, obvioussly I missed something, or put something in the wrong spot, not sure. When I try to switch to that theme, I get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare show_facebook() (previously declared in /home/andrew/thepitstop/Themes/nisan/index.template.php:344) in /home/andrew/thepitstop/Themes/nisan/index.template.php on line 373

Now, if I am logged in and click the "Integrate forum account with Facebook" link, it just takes me back to some page on the forum, oddly the URL is:
http://www.thepitstopforum.net/?session={%22session_key%22%3A%222.JaftZQry2ko1rRvo2IqAOg__.3600.1273996800-1804929572%22%2C%22uid%22%3A1804929572%2C%22expires%22%3A1273996800%2C%22secret%22%3A%22DyCE6hWjufhEYK_oKsZTDA__%22%2C%22sig%22%3A%222ca5afa8956b73fc91c4c680b47524c7%22}&next=http%3A%2F%2Fthepitstopforum.net%2Ffbc%2Fxd_receiver.htm%3Ffb_login%26fname%3D_opener%26guid%3D0.7580391686655448

Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks!

JYoskovitz

I dont know if anyone has asked this question and im sorry if im asking and it was answered already.

I installed this app and its working fine with the original theme and it works fine. I have a custom theme with my custom lgo and header and when i select this theme, the facebook connect application no longer works.

What do I have to do to enable this application on my theme that i am using now?

Thank you for all your help in advance.

Justin

erorcun

Quote from: cooleyes83 on May 15, 2010, 07:49:04 AM
Respect Team and User ... Hi Em New here  and running Smf 1.1.1 Version. Right now i have installed SA_FBConnect_0.2_smf11x ... Every thing is fine but now i m creating the application but little bit confused what should i enter into the following blanks so please tell me what i have to do..

in a basic Infor...
Bookmark URL.......... what should be here..
Help URL.........."what should be here"
Privacy URL........"what should be here"

And IN Convas

Canvas Page URL..........."what should be here"
Canvas Callback URL......."what should be here"
Post-Authorize Redirect URL......."what should be here"

Well My Domain Name is "www,fun-masti.com"  running in a main directory when i opened it shows the following link
www.fun-mast.com/index.php

Now please anybody can help to run this mode
Thanx

You must fill Connect URL only.

in a basic Infor...
Bookmark URL.......... blank
Help URL..........blank
Privacy URL........blank

And IN Convas

Canvas Page URL...........blank
Canvas Callback URL.......blank
Post-Authorize Redirect URL.......blank

Quote from: JYoskovitz on May 16, 2010, 05:22:13 PM
I dont know if anyone has asked this question and im sorry if im asking and it was answered already.

I installed this app and its working fine with the original theme and it works fine. I have a custom theme with my custom lgo and header and when i select this theme, the facebook connect application no longer works.

What do I have to do to enable this application on my theme that i am using now?

Thank you for all your help in advance.

Justin

I can not do anything, you must review the mod files. You should try to convert codes to the theme.

Quote from: Andrew94 on May 16, 2010, 02:35:47 AM
I'm giving this mod a try again... Sorry if these questions have already been answered.

I had to edit the index.template.php for the theme named Nisan on my forum, and well, obvioussly I missed something, or put something in the wrong spot, not sure. When I try to switch to that theme, I get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare show_facebook() (previously declared in /home/andrew/thepitstop/Themes/nisan/index.template.php:344) in /home/andrew/thepitstop/Themes/nisan/index.template.php on line 373

Now, if I am logged in and click the "Integrate forum account with Facebook" link, it just takes me back to some page on the forum, oddly the URL is:
http://www.thepitstopforum.net/?session={%22session_key%22%3A%222.JaftZQry2ko1rRvo2IqAOg__.3600.1273996800-1804929572%22%2C%22uid%22%3A1804929572%2C%22expires%22%3A1273996800%2C%22secret%22%3A%22DyCE6hWjufhEYK_oKsZTDA__%22%2C%22sig%22%3A%222ca5afa8956b73fc91c4c680b47524c7%22}&next=http%3A%2F%2Fthepitstopforum.net%2Ffbc%2Fxd_receiver.htm%3Ffb_login%26fname%3D_opener%26guid%3D0.7580391686655448

Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks!

You did wrong something, it must not give this warning.
And, did you do this?

use subdomain independent cookies:
This mod reqires that use subdomain independent cookies is turned off can be found in
admin/sever settings/cookies and sessions/Use subdomain independent cookies
-Yemeklerin niye bu kadar lezzetli?
-Sana koyuyorum.
-Hmm ben diğer ustalara söyliyim onlar da sana koysun.

ricorico

Still looking for an answer to my problem. I tried on SA's official site and 61 views and no help...

I use the newest .02 on the newest RC3 version of SMF and the Mystic Jade theme.

When someone new comes they click the facebook connect thing, it prompts to allow access etc.. Everything goes through fine. Where it is SUPPOSE to say 'register' do this only once or if you are already a member log in here.

Instead it sends me to this page where its saying

"Only registered members are allowed to access this section.
Please login below or register an account with"

Any help on this would be excellent. Id like it to: Log the user in (if they are a member) by clicking it or if they arent a member to simply choose a name and password and auto links their facebook - as it does on the sa- site.

dsanchez

Hello guys,

trying to use this mod but get this error when trying to install

thanks in advance for any help!

Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/index.template.php   Test failed

IdanC

it means one of the code changes needed to install this mod could not be carried out (useally because other mod changed the file already), and by expanding the error msg you can see exactly which lines of code could not be modified.

just continue the installation inspite the error, and after it finishes make the remaining changes to index.template.php manually.

cooleyes83

After Filling the
Connect URL... my Site address closing by /.......... (www.example.com/)

Account Preview URL...Blank

Base Domain........blank

Account Reclamation URL..........blank

its show the the error.

API Error Code: 100
API Error Description: Invalid parameter
Error Message: next is not owned by the application.

Tell me now what should i do.......

thanx for you previous reply....

ovistomih

I have SMF v1.1.11 with Classic YaBB SE Theme and I just installed SA_FBConnect_0.2_smf11x.zip . I don't have any other mods installed.
I created my facebook app and setup the connect parameters.
I added the Facebook app key and App Secret.

The installation did not give me any errors.

Still, the facebook connect buton doesn't show anywhere on my forum. What can be wrong?

Advertisement: