News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnitelove

I have this mod fully up and running and I love it! Thanks Spoogs!
Don't be mean to the newbies

SMF 2.0 RC3

Abavagada

Is anyone using the Beta-5 version on SMF 1.1.11 able to connect as a normal member?
Or should I switch to version 0.2?

Midnitelove

I'm not sure. There was a problem with the install on my 1.1.11, so I upgraded. However I don't know if that's the case for everyone...
Don't be mean to the newbies

SMF 2.0 RC3

Abavagada

Can anyone help me at all? I don't know why it won't connect for anyone except the admin.

I would really like to use this mod on my site, but if no one can help, then I have to remove it.

Thanks

Spoogs

Abavagada

Quote from: Spoogs on September 02, 2010, 04:31:34 PM
link to your site please

The forum part of it is here:
http://www.parleremo.org/forum/index.php

If no one could connect, I would figure it was a coding problem or a problem in setting up the Facebook app. However, the admin can use it, just no one else. When anyone else tries, it just says they are not connected.

Thanks

Spoogs

I was able to register and login just fine... FB had some API issues earlier today

Abavagada

I installed this last week, so it wasn't just the Facebook issue.
On one of my non-admin accounts, I was able to log in. However, if I try to unsync, it tells me there is a database error. Error log gives me:

"Database Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE ID_MEMBER = 33
LIMIT 1' at line 4" in Sources/Subs.php

it doesn't like $condition = 'ID_MEMBER = 33 LIMIT 1' in function updateMemberData.

Also, I still can't get my other non-admin account to log in. It still says "You are not connected to facebook" after opening a small window and immediately closing it.

Thanks for the help. I will try to look into these more in the morning.

Spoogs

Wish I knew what to tell ya, hopefully SA will see this and help you more than I can... I've been logging in and out of ur site with no issues

Abavagada

Quote from: Spoogs on September 02, 2010, 10:39:55 PM
Wish I knew what to tell ya, hopefully SA will see this and help you more than I can... I've been logging in and out of ur site with no issues

After a few hours, I got rid of the database error, but still can't get one of my non-admin accounts to connect. The only other thing I can think of is some kind of privacy setting on Facebook that won't let it log in. Does anyone know of such a setting?

Thanks

Spoogs

Fb has no such setting... at registration users are asked to allow permissions. I wish I could help you further but it refuses to break for me on your site :P

Abavagada

Quote from: Spoogs on September 03, 2010, 11:20:27 AM
Fb has no such setting... at registration users are asked to allow permissions. I wish I could help you further but it refuses to break for me on your site :P

Yes, I know. Only this one account now has an issue, and I have to figure out why. Thanks for your help.

:)

Abavagada

At last, I think I have found some hint of the problem.
It only doesn't work when I try to log in using Firefox (3.6.8) on WinXP. I've tried clearing out all the cache and cookies, but it still doesn't like it. I don't know if this helps anyone or not. I'm hoping it's just something up with my browser. I can log in using Chrome just fine.

The Desert Fox

Can someone help me, I'm really inexperienced with all of this.  I created a facebook app on Facebook and it successfully transferred my site to the application page, which is good, but I'm trying to integrate facebook into my site with things like a facebook login button and like button.  On the application page I found out how to generate the code for the social plug-ins, I just have no idea where to put the code or what to do with it...  If it's easier to install this mod, could someone explain EXACTLY how I do that?  haha it sounds dumb, but you have to pretend I know nothing because I'm pretty new to all of this

Thanks a lot!

Spoogs

you do not need the codes, the mod handles that for you

!RFAN

hey,
can anyone help me in installing this mod to sunshine2 theme by Fussilet (smfdesign.net)???????
please :(

SA™

attach the index.template.php from that theme or pm me it
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

The Desert Fox

Ok, I uploaded the Mod by Sleepy Arcade, but what do I do now, I'm not seeing any change on my site.  I turned subdomain independent cookies off as well...

Spoogs

Have you created an App on facebook?
Have you been to the mods ACP to see what is needed?

Advertisement: