SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnitelove

I have this mod fully up and running and I love it! Thanks Spoogs!
Don't be mean to the newbies

SMF 2.0 RC3

Abavagada

Is anyone using the Beta-5 version on SMF 1.1.11 able to connect as a normal member?
Or should I switch to version 0.2?

Midnitelove

I'm not sure. There was a problem with the install on my 1.1.11, so I upgraded. However I don't know if that's the case for everyone...
Don't be mean to the newbies

SMF 2.0 RC3

Abavagada

Can anyone help me at all? I don't know why it won't connect for anyone except the admin.

I would really like to use this mod on my site, but if no one can help, then I have to remove it.

Thanks

Spoogs

Abavagada

Quote from: Spoogs on September 02, 2010, 04:31:34 PM
link to your site please

The forum part of it is here:
http://www.parleremo.org/forum/index.php

If no one could connect, I would figure it was a coding problem or a problem in setting up the Facebook app. However, the admin can use it, just no one else. When anyone else tries, it just says they are not connected.

Thanks

Spoogs

I was able to register and login just fine... FB had some API issues earlier today

Abavagada

I installed this last week, so it wasn't just the Facebook issue.
On one of my non-admin accounts, I was able to log in. However, if I try to unsync, it tells me there is a database error. Error log gives me:

"Database Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE ID_MEMBER = 33
LIMIT 1' at line 4" in Sources/Subs.php

it doesn't like $condition = 'ID_MEMBER = 33 LIMIT 1' in function updateMemberData.

Also, I still can't get my other non-admin account to log in. It still says "You are not connected to facebook" after opening a small window and immediately closing it.

Thanks for the help. I will try to look into these more in the morning.

Spoogs

Wish I knew what to tell ya, hopefully SA will see this and help you more than I can... I've been logging in and out of ur site with no issues

Abavagada

Quote from: Spoogs on September 02, 2010, 10:39:55 PM
Wish I knew what to tell ya, hopefully SA will see this and help you more than I can... I've been logging in and out of ur site with no issues

After a few hours, I got rid of the database error, but still can't get one of my non-admin accounts to connect. The only other thing I can think of is some kind of privacy setting on Facebook that won't let it log in. Does anyone know of such a setting?

Thanks

Spoogs

Fb has no such setting... at registration users are asked to allow permissions. I wish I could help you further but it refuses to break for me on your site :P

Abavagada

Quote from: Spoogs on September 03, 2010, 11:20:27 AM
Fb has no such setting... at registration users are asked to allow permissions. I wish I could help you further but it refuses to break for me on your site :P

Yes, I know. Only this one account now has an issue, and I have to figure out why. Thanks for your help.

:)

Abavagada

At last, I think I have found some hint of the problem.
It only doesn't work when I try to log in using Firefox (3.6.8) on WinXP. I've tried clearing out all the cache and cookies, but it still doesn't like it. I don't know if this helps anyone or not. I'm hoping it's just something up with my browser. I can log in using Chrome just fine.

The Desert Fox

Can someone help me, I'm really inexperienced with all of this.  I created a facebook app on Facebook and it successfully transferred my site to the application page, which is good, but I'm trying to integrate facebook into my site with things like a facebook login button and like button.  On the application page I found out how to generate the code for the social plug-ins, I just have no idea where to put the code or what to do with it...  If it's easier to install this mod, could someone explain EXACTLY how I do that?  haha it sounds dumb, but you have to pretend I know nothing because I'm pretty new to all of this

Thanks a lot!

Spoogs

you do not need the codes, the mod handles that for you

!RFAN

hey,
can anyone help me in installing this mod to sunshine2 theme by Fussilet (smfdesign.net)???????
please :(

SA™

attach the index.template.php from that theme or pm me it
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

The Desert Fox

Ok, I uploaded the Mod by Sleepy Arcade, but what do I do now, I'm not seeing any change on my site.  I turned subdomain independent cookies off as well...

Spoogs

Have you created an App on facebook?
Have you been to the mods ACP to see what is needed?

Advertisement: