SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jekwumoore

I will try again but I tested in several browsers , I do not know if the ip had any thing to  with it
we rule the world

Spoogs

jekwumoore

we rule the world

SA™

i dont see how this can happen me and my beta testers have been trying everything to replicate this but we where nver able to
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

alrem

I'll try to reinstall everything on a different server to make sure and make some comparison... this is my first time using SMF so I think it all boils down in newby error  :-[

SA™

the only other thing that comes to mind your syncing two smf accounts with one facebook account which wouldent work cos it will always log into the first synced account

what i do to test things is creat a new account via facebook login if it worked unsync that new account log back into admin and sync the admin acccount log out and log back in via facebook if that works then the mod is function properly

i will add i check to see if fbname already exsist in the members table in rc3 version

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

alrem

this is my first time to use SMF and facebook and I only got one smf installation when I encounter the problem. So I think that's not the problem :(

Spoogs

I have no idea what maybe causing this for you guys... I have created several test sites and several apps on FB just to test this and I'm not having that issue.

I'm assuming this is just happening on SMF 1.1x... I can only suggest upgrading to SMF 2.0 and see if its any better.

I tested this tirelessly on both SMF 1.1x and 2.0 and just cant duplicate the issue. I do confirm that it is happening on jekwumoore'a site but it just doesnt happen on any site I've setup and tested (live and local)

alrem

Thank you very much for trying to help us, I'm using SMF 2.0. I tried to install it on a different server, and I use the same installation process described in the manual installation.

The site is forumfbtest(dot)getenjoyment(dot)net(slash)smf(slash)

now I got database error, I even reinstalled everything but got the same result :(

is there a need for some server side configurations (php.ini or apache)? I'm using free hosting for now as a test development area.

jekwumoore

@spoog, did you try it out on  SMF 1.1.12  cos thats what I am using?
we rule the world

Wellington

Hello this mod is working great so far, thanks!.

Only one small issue, facebook synced avatars are getting stretched, yet user installed ones are not. Which setting do I need to tinker with to correct this?.

Many Thanks!

Spoogs

@Wellington - {yoursite}/index.php?action=admin;area=manageattachments;sa=avatars

@jekwumoore - yes

Wellington

Thanks I had already found that menu, which one is the correct one so that they resize automatically without stretching or squishing. Each photo is a different shape, I can get resize automatically on user uploaded avatars but not the facebook synced ones. Many thanks!.

eric1234

Sorry, may i know what is the 3 function that i list below? I actually tried to visit you guys forum to see the sample if such mods.

- facebook comments box ( Does it mean there will be a facebook comments box for each forum members in the forum? or thread? or?? )
- facebook fan page ( Fan page? not really understand about this. )
- facebook admin logs ( Which mean users able to log into the forum from facebook? )

Oh ya, can the user just use their facebook account to log into the forum without needed to create a new forum account?
Also mind to tell me is there got any test forum for me to fully test the mods and play with it?

Thank you very much. :)

SA™

you can see a demo here
http://www.sa-mods.info/

facebook admin logs is so admin can see who used fb to login /register

yes user can sync there account with facebook and use it to logint the forum

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

eric1234

Er..you mean the whole support forum is a demo? er..how can i use my facebook account to log into the support forum? >.<

Spoogs

eric1234

Advertisement: