News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zuća

what is new after update ?

trekkie2444

Ah, I see that's the same issue you had, but mine is with login, not publish...

So it's pretty URLs that is causing this? Does the new version fix this?

distante

Quote from: trekkie2444 on March 12, 2012, 12:47:16 PM
Ah, I see that's the same issue you had, but mine is with login, not publish...

So it's pretty URLs that is causing this? Does the new version fix this?

witch problem exactly?

trekkie2444

joelstoner

Installed mod, got an error in two files, had to remove mod to get forum to work again. Is there a more detailed install instructions? This mod is the whole reason i spent 3 hours uploading SMF forum to replace phpBB, as there is no currently supported facebook mod for phpBB. If i can not get this mod to work there is no point in keeping SMF. Has someone successfully installed this mod on SMF 2.0.2?

Kindred

it installs fine into 2.0.2.

If you had file errors during the installation, that pretty much explains your problem.... those errors mean than the package manager could not automatically update those files.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rowdy

When I try to grant the permissions to the publisher, I get the following error. When I go back to the page, one of the three access tokens is there but not the other two. I'm using latest smf- 2.02. Any help, please?:

Fatal error: Uncaught OAuthException: (#100) Unknown fields: access_token thrown in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/smf/facebookauth/base_facebook.php on line 1039

Problem solved by using just the FB page title instead of the page url in the publisher settings. Thanks!

joelstoner

Ok i looked at that site, and have a better idea of how to install mods manually. But i have an issue, the parse instructions option from the website, it says to add the code before the text to find. I found the text, but after looking at the install.xml file the install file says to add the code after the text to find. Which is right?

Kindred

the XML is "reversed" form what you think it says - the parsed mod explains it correctly.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nfh

I installed this new update but it seems that both 'subject' and 'body' indexes of the $cleaned array (on function facebook_showPub, FacebookHooks.php file) aren't getting any string whatsoever, which leads to an facebook error when someone tries to use the Publish button.

By the way, by checking the "Publish" checkbox on the Boards configuration page (under Facebook Integration settings), posts on checked boards are automatically published to Facebook, right? And the "publish" link is activated for each message, am I right? Is it possible to make these two features independent? I mean, I would like to have the "Publish" link available in nearly every board, but just a few boards with automatic publishing.

distante

Quote from: nfh on March 13, 2012, 03:41:34 PM
I installed this new update but it seems that both 'subject' and 'body' indexes of the $cleaned array (on function facebook_showPub, FacebookHooks.php file) aren't getting any string whatsoever, which leads to an facebook error when someone tries to use the Publish button.

Witch language are you using? It's working just fine in my spanish-utf based forum
http://www.desadaptados.net/chicas-hot/nueva-miss-reef-peru-2011/

distante

@SA
When a person creates a topic, in the facebook fan page says "XXXX created the topic YYYY", but the responses don't say "ZZZZ response: bla bla bla"

where can I add this?

nfh

Quote from: distante on March 13, 2012, 03:49:51 PM
Quote from: nfh on March 13, 2012, 03:41:34 PM

Witch language are you using? It's working just fine in my spanish-utf based forum
http://www.desadaptados.net/chicas-hot/nueva-miss-reef-peru-2011/

I'm using Portuguese, with ISO-8859-1 encoding.

It seems that the facebook_htmlspecialchars is causing this. By commenting the line that encodes the string with UTF-8 encoding the problem seems to be solved, although portuguese characters from posts aren't showing up properly on the facebook popup (even by replacing UTF-8 by ISO-8859-1 on those PHP function parameters).

static function facebook_htmlspecialchars($data){

$data = strip_tags($data);
//$data = htmlspecialchars(htmlentities($data, ENT_QUOTES, "UTF-8"), ENT_QUOTES, "UTF-8");
return $data;
}

distante

Quote from: distante on March 13, 2012, 04:39:42 PM
@SA
When a person creates a topic, in the facebook fan page says "XXXX created the topic YYYY", but the responses don't say "ZZZZ response: bla bla bla"

where can I add this?
Also, When some comment is made in the comments box (in the bottom of the forum, this isn't publish into their wall.  or nowhere), even when the "publish in facebook" box is ticked

And I was having some messages saying that "the page *topic* can't be found", So I edit in the FacebookHook.php file this:

echo'<fb:comments href="'.$context['current_topic'].'" num_posts="'.$numpost.'" width="'.$width.'" colorscheme="'.$colour.'"></fb:comments>';
And replaced with this:

echo'<fb:comments href="'.$scripturl .'?topic='.$context['current_topic'].'.0" num_posts="'.$numpost.'" width="'.$width.'" colorscheme="'.$colour.'"></fb:comments>';

also added in the globals in that function $context, and $scripturl.

distante

* distante doing their multiple personality thing
Quote from: distante on March 13, 2012, 04:39:42 PM
@SA

where can I add this?

Search in FacebookHooks.php
$attachment['message'] = $nobbc_body;
replace with
$attachment['message'] = $user_info['name'].': '.$nobbc_body;

and Add $userinfo in the globals of that function.

The result will be something like

distante: this is a reply of a topic

joelstoner

Ok i have it installed again, but i see no difference on the forum, even after clearing the cache. Do i have to run install.php? If so where should it be during the install, packages, or root?

distante

Quote from: joelstoner on March 13, 2012, 10:22:06 PM
Ok i have it installed again, but i see no difference on the forum, even after clearing the cache. Do i have to run install.php? If so where should it be during the install, packages, or root?

Exactly what problem do you have with the mod?

joelstoner

I can not install it with the package manager, i'm trying to manually install it. I've uploaded and moved the files to their respective spots. I've altered the correct code in the display.template.php file. But i can not find the settings to add the app ID from facebook, or see anything related to facebook on the forum.

distante

Version of smf?

did you tried to emulate the version of your forum?

Advertisement: