News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitesh Kunnath

Quote from: David111567 on May 13, 2012, 07:46:50 AM
The "Connect with Facebook"  button does not show up.  It went missing on May 10th.  I know of others who have this same issue.  It's just GONE.  I would like some support on this issue since my Facebook members can no longer LOG IN to my site. This is serious.

However...I am beginning to get worried because the author of this mod seems to have disappeared as well. His site is pulled offline...it's down... and he hasn't been here in some time, either.  Looks like he's just packed up and left the party... ??

Sure could use some help as quickly as humanly possible....so if anybody has some ideas as to how to fix this... I sure would appreciate it.  Over half of my members come from Facebook. I trusted this mod and I rely on it... It's a real BUMMER that my members can't LOG IN to my site anymore. 

Any ideas?  Anyone?

Check out the option "Facebook login image "
Just specify the login image url there !

If you have a facebook connect image with you (if not, google for the image..u will definitely get one)
Specify that image URL in the box "Facebook login image"

Biology Forums

Happened to me too, use this one:

David111567

Quote from: die2mrw007 on May 13, 2012, 07:52:32 AM
Quote from: David111567 on May 13, 2012, 07:46:50 AM
The "Connect with Facebook"  button does not show up.  It went missing on May 10th.  I know of others who have this same issue.  It's just GONE.  I would like some support on this issue since my Facebook members can no longer LOG IN to my site. This is serious.

However...I am beginning to get worried because the author of this mod seems to have disappeared as well. His site is pulled offline...it's down... and he hasn't been here in some time, either.  Looks like he's just packed up and left the party... ??

Sure could use some help as quickly as humanly possible....so if anybody has some ideas as to how to fix this... I sure would appreciate it.  Over half of my members come from Facebook. I trusted this mod and I rely on it... It's a real BUMMER that my members can't LOG IN to my site anymore. 

Any ideas?  Anyone?

Check out the option "Facebook login image "
Just specify the login image url there !

If you have a facebook connect image with you (if not, google for the image..u will definitely get one)
Specify that image URL in the box "Facebook login image"

Thank you all!  Much appreciated!  :)

LexusFTW

What's the deal with this mod? I can't get publisher to work.  If anyone can help me please PM me :)

drroot

NikShiP

Quote from: NikShiP on May 13, 2012, 06:07:48 AM
I installed this mod, configured it with app id n secret

now, this error is coming when i click on login with facebook button

An error occurred with Gizmolord.net Registration. Please try again later.

Please help me..
My site url : www.gizmolord.net [nofollow]
Please help me.. :(

Eclipse16V

Can anyone help me?
http://www.sa-smf.com/community/index.php?action=kb;area=article;cont=41
Is down!

What I have now set and so on?
Unfortunately, not the description.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Zuća

SA is no longer active...sa-smf.com domain delete
I think it's ruined everything

Eclipse16V

Oh great now, and who tells me what I need to adjust it?
great
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Eclipse16V

Hello,
maybe someone here can tell me where I must submit to the API, so this mod is.
'm Just not on and the instructions are no longer accessible.

It's about Facebook, Twitter and Google +.

Please help me.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

mrplow

not sure if the mod is being updated or not but believe Facebook have made some changes to how access tokens expire and are granted. at the moment this means the publisher doesnt work, there is another way to grant permissions and find a new access token using the graph api but I haven't worked it out yet

Is the grant permissions button still working for people? Mine drops back to index.php but with a code=XXXXXX (some string) but this string is not the new access token,

reconx86

Does anyone know how to configure the SA Facebook plugin properly? All  configuration documentation seems to be lost

vbgamer45

Have taken over work/support of this mod.

What would help me out is if you any bugs that you know about why this modification let me know and I will try to get it fixed. Might back port it to 1.1.x as well not sure though.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

!RFAN

Quote from: !RFAN on May 12, 2012, 07:17:35 PM
Quote from: !RFAN on May 05, 2012, 04:36:08 AM
I want to change position of Facebook Comments in posts.. i want to place it above post... please guide me..

Biology Forums

QuoteMight back port it to 1.1.x as well not sure though.

PLEASE :( I'd really appreciate this.

WebLair

Having the same trouble

API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration.

A fix would be nice, if it is indeed broken and not just me  ;D great work on th G+ and twitter versions though.

Eclipse16V

I have to first find an explanation on how the whole set up on Facebook.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

MESWEB

I have  error with title coding - not UTF-8.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/yoump3pl/317670484947523
This letter "Å" should be "ł"
In description all letters are correct and utf-8. My forum use Utf-8 coding

reconx86

I have made a easy 1-step installer.... I tried to automate all the steps of SA Facebook, by just adding 1 file (index.php)
place this file in the SA Facebook folder and upload it to the SMF directory and browse to your SA folder
After that it should be all done,  you don't have to worry about copying, configuring  and deleting. (Even changing missing FB logo is done)

BUT I seem to be missing a small step, I got this error when doing it manually...
An error occurred with Test. Please try again later.

API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.
If someone please could tell me where this problem comes from... I can doucble check what's missing...
The index.php already does everything I did manually perfect.

index.php below:
<?
//Written for SA Facebook 2.02
//- Place this file in the SA Facebook directory (Rename the directory to something shorter like: sa)
//- Upload the SA Facebook directory to your SMF directory
//- Browse to your SA folder
/*************************************************************************************************************/
//Install Settings
/*************************************************************************************************************/

$settings = array(
    "fb_log_logo"   => "/Themes/default/images/facebook.png",
    "fb_app_id"      => "395496653824327",
    "fb_app_key"   => "395496653824327",
    "fb_app_secret"   => "56a3a588ed590becc3bf63b67ed66e53"
);

//Configure - install.php

$f = "install.php";
$p = openFile($f);
$keys = array_keys($settings);
for($i = 0; $i < count($keys); $i++)
{
   $pattern = '/array \(\''.$keys[$i].'\' ,\'.+\'\)/'; //Patern needs some work
   $content = "array ('".$keys[$i]."' ,'".$settings[$keys[$i]]."')";
   $p = preg_replace($pattern, $content, $p);
}
saveFile($f, $p);

//Configure - Display.template.php

$f = "../Themes/default/Display.template.php";
$p = openFile("../Themes/default/Display.template.php");
//Display.template.php - Add Line
$ori = "// Maybe we can approve it, maybe we should?
      if (\$message['can_approve'])";
$mod = "if (class_exists('SAFacebookhooks')) {
                echo
               SAFacebookhooks::facebook_showPub(
                   array(
                     'subject' => \$message['subject'],
                     'body' => \$message['body'],
                     'href' => \$message['href'],
                     'isPost' => true,
                    )
               );
             }\n".$ori;
$p = str_replace($ori, $mod, $p);   

//Display.template.php - Replace Line
$ori = "if (\$message['can_approve'] || \$context['can_reply'] || \$message['can_modify'] || \$message['can_remove'] || \$context['can_split'] || \$context['can_restore_msg'])";
$mod = "if (!empty(\$context['show_publish_button']) && !\$context['user']['is_logged'] || !empty(\$context['show_publish_button']) && \$context['user']['is_logged'] || \$message['can_approve'] || \$context['can_reply'] || \$message['can_modify'] || \$message['can_remove'] || \$context['can_split'] || \$context['can_restore_msg'])";
$p = str_replace($ori, $mod, $p);
saveFile($f, $p);

//COPY FILES

copy('install.php'                  , '../install.php');
copy('Facebook.template.php'         , '../Themes/default/Facebook.template.php');
copy('FacebookAdmin.template.php'      , '../Themes/default/FacebookAdmin.template.php');
copy('images/facebook.png'            , '../Themes/default/images/facebook.png');
copy('lang/Facebook.english.php'      , '../Themes/default/languages/Facebook.english.php');
copy('lang/Facebook.english-utf8.php'    , '../Themes/default/languages/Facebook.english-utf8.php');
recurse_copy("facebookauth"            , "../facebookauth");
recurse_copy("Facebook"               , "../Sources/Facebook");

//RUN & DELETE INSTALLER

include('../install.php');
unlink('../install.php');
echo "SA Facebook should be installed, (Scripted by ReconX86)";
//FUNCTIONS

//Recursive Directory Copy
function recurse_copy($src,$dst)
{
   $dir = opendir($src);
   @mkdir($dst);
   while(false !== ( $file = readdir($dir)) ) {
      if (( $file != '.' ) && ( $file != '..' )) {
         if ( is_dir($src . '/' . $file) )
         {
            recurse_copy($src . '/' . $file,$dst . '/' . $file);
         }
         else
         {
            copy($src . '/' . $file,$dst . '/' . $file);
         }
      }
   }
   closedir($dir);
}

//Open Files
function openFile($filename)
{
   $file = fopen($filename, 'r');
   $content = fread($file, filesize($filename));
   fclose($file);
   return $content;
}

//Save Files
function saveFile($filename, $content)
{
   $file = fopen($filename, 'w');
   fwrite($file, $content);
   fclose($file);
}
//Development Items:
//- Fill App information via form
?>

Some documentation (on the maual installation) )seems to be missing or it's a SA bug... whoever knows how to solve this... your information is very valueable

Manual Source:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2322

vbgamer45

reconx86 that is a cool script but why would you use it over using the package manager to install the script?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: