News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reconx86

what packet manager... a lot here is not being told... so please tell me more...
- where do I find it?
- How do I use it?
- What does it do?

vbgamer45

in SMF there is a package manager link in the admin are of the forum. You just upload the zip file of this package to the package manager and click the install button.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

reconx86

oke so now step by step... do I have to unpack the zip and configure install.php first and then repack?
or just upload it to the server?

Also does it mean I dont have to configure the other files like  Display.template.php anymore?

vbgamer45

Nope
Quote from: reconx86 on May 17, 2012, 12:36:57 PM
oke so now step by step... do I have to unpack the zip and configure install.php first and then repack?
or just upload it to the server?

Also does it mean I dont have to configure the other files like  Display.template.php anymore?
Yes mods in mod packages should auto install for you.
Just go to the package manager -> Upload package and install

More information: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Package_manager
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

reconx86

If only they called the mods, plugins here on SMF... than I wouldnt have gone thru this...
mods usually dont stand for easy to install software, also the whole manual guide added more to the confusion
Nothing pointed that this could have been done automaticly, but I didnt get a answer to this question...

Should I unzip & rezip... install.php? since appID and secret are in here?
or will the installer take care of that and request me later on?

vbgamer45

You shouldn't have to do  any manual installing for most mods unless on custom themes. Just upload the zip of the package to package manager of SMF and install and ready to go.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

WebLair

I need to move the fb like, g+ and twitter share buttons on my forum, someone asked and was not given an answer. I have a shout box on my forum, it has an option to display for every page and gives worse positioning more so than those without a shoutbox.

Ideally  floating them to the right in an inline block next to <p id="whoisviewing" class="smalltext"></p>  on the topic page is where i want them. However still trying to get used to the folder structure and can't find the files i need to do the edits.  Can someone tell me how, or which files to edit please?

ApplianceJunk

QuoteWarning: You must create an application on facebook to use this modification
For information on creating your application please read ==> here <==.

These links don't lead me to any information on what I have to do at Facebook.

Were do I find the information now?

Thanks,

vbgamer45

Unfortunately the information was lost it will need to be rewritten I hopefully can do it along with easy to follow screenshots

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 17, 2012, 09:15:22 PM
Unfortunately the information was lost it will need to be rewritten I hopefully can do it along with easy to follow screenshots

Is it some universal thing at Facebook that you do to create a application, or is it something more specific that needs to be done at Facebook related to just this mod?

I'm wondering if I could just do a little google work and figure it out.

WebLair

Make sure you are logged into face book and goto https://developers.facebook.com/apps [nofollow] top right hand side "create App" i did this while logged into my personal facebook you can not do it if you are using facebook as a page.

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: WebLair on May 17, 2012, 10:39:28 PM
Make sure you are logged into face book and goto https://developers.facebook.com/apps top right hand side "create App" i did this while logged into my personal facebook you can not do it if you are using facebook as a page.

Thanks!

I got the Facebook Application ID and Facebook Application Secret. I also have Enable Facebook checked and see the Facebook tab, but I don't see anything on how a guest is going to register using Facebook.

Edited to add: I had to replace 'Facebook Login Image' http://b.static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/zB6N8/hash/4li2k73z.gif
With one I could see. :)

But now when I click to login with Facebook I'm taken to a Facebook page that say,

An error occurred with smf login. Please try again later.

Maybe it will just take awhile yet as I seen this on my Facebook app after I set it up.

QuoteChanges saved. Note that your changes may take several minutes to propagate to all servers.

ApplianceJunk

Oh, maybe I can't test it on a localhost test site that I'm running on MAMP.
Being I had to give my website URL when I created the Facebook app.

Edited to add:

Got it to work on test site.
Just changed Facebook app info to include localhost info.

WebLair

I have that login error on my live site aswell i posted the error message on the other page and i believe a few of us are having that trouble. If you can get it going on a live site it would be a great help to us all. ;D

EDIT a pic for my earlier question, need to find a solution.

QuoteI need to move the fb like, g+ and twitter share buttons on my forum, someone asked and was not given an answer. I have a shout box on my forum, it has an option to display for every page and gives worse positioning more so than those without a shoutbox.

Ideally  floating them to the right in an inline block next to <p id="whoisviewing" class="smalltext"></p>  on the topic page is where i want them. However still trying to get used to the folder structure and can't find the files i need to do the edits.  Can someone tell me how, or which files to edit please?

Eclipse16V

hmmmm,
can someone tell me what I have to adjust anything yet?
Now have the following in the Facebook app:
- App ID
- App Secret
- Display Name
- Kontakt-E-Mail-Adresse
- Website with Facebook Login

I'm just not on.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

dirus

Hello!

When i installed SA facebook intergration my site crashed and cant load forum anymore
This is url
hxxp:i-gamer.si/forumi/index.php [nonactive]

tectonny

Just wanted to solve the problem of the characters in UTF8

No solution so far ...

lparker

I was wondering a few things about this mod,

1st, is it possible to modify what is posted to the facebook page? and where i would find that code?

2nd is it possible to have it post to multiple facebook pages

3rd what about facebook groups?

and currently who is in charge of this mod?

!RFAN

facebook publisher is not working at all. i checked all the settings. everything is fine. What could be the issue?

Kindred

1- no...   the posts are automatic.
2- no. The app posts to one FB page. FB won't allow posting to multiple pages.
3- if you have the app configured to post to the group then, yes, it will post to the group.

2 and 3 have almost nothing to do with this mod and are really issues with configuring your FB app.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: