News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lparker

well that was extremely disappointing lol... was really hoping to be able to post to multiple facebook pages, what about some how installing the mod a second separate time?

Ctoshack

I dont know if that is entirely correct about posting to more then 1 page.  I have a plugin for WordPress the name escapes me right now bit it allows posting to more then 1 page wall or group at a time. 

dirus

When i installed SA facebook intergration my site crashed and cant load forum anymore
This is url
i-gamer.si/forumi/index.php

any idea? how to manually unistall mod?

joewp

I installed this, but didn't enable it. Now my site works in opera, ie and firefox, but not in chrome. Anybody got a clue as to what possibly happened?
Here's my site hxxp:howellnj.com [nonactive]

wait, noting works except the home page... backing the thing out... I'm on 2.0.2

lparker

Quote from: lparker on May 18, 2012, 11:45:39 AM
well that was extremely disappointing lol... was really hoping to be able to post to multiple facebook pages, what about some how installing the mod a second separate time?

Anyone else try anything of the sort?

TheListener

Quote from: dirus on May 18, 2012, 05:09:59 PM
When i installed SA facebook intergration my site crashed and cant load forum anymore
This is url
i-gamer.si/forumi/index.php

any idea? how to manually unistall mod?

You will have to use the mods parser

TheListener

Quote from: lparker on May 20, 2012, 12:44:20 AM
Quote from: lparker on May 18, 2012, 11:45:39 AM

Anyone else try anything of the sort?

Mods can only be installed once.

TheListener

Quote from: joewp on May 20, 2012, 12:39:16 AM
I installed this, but didn't enable it. Now my site works in opera, ie and firefox, but not in chrome. Anybody got a clue as to what possibly happened?
Here's my site howellnj.com

wait, noting works except the home page... backing the thing out... I'm on 2.0.2

You may want to check your link. Nothing showed for me.

lparker

So none of the code can be changed or renamed or anything to allow it to be installed a second time?

TheListener

Quote from: lparker on May 20, 2012, 12:51:19 AM
So none of the code can be changed or renamed or anything to allow it to be installed a second time?

Not as far as I know.

The same goes for all mods.

joewp

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 20, 2012, 12:47:30 AM
Quote from: joewp on May 20, 2012, 12:39:16 AM
Here's my site hxxp:howellnj.com [nonactive]

You may want to check your link. Nothing showed for me.

Never mind. I think there's a dns problem because of a domain transfer in progress.

lparker

ok well i might still try messing around with it, however i do have another question that hopefully has a more promising outcome haha

so user "a" posts on my forum, and as if by magic this mod, automatically posts it on facebook, which is great, now user's "b" through "x" post new topics over the next few days and again this mod posts them to facebook, yay! now here's where my issue is, finally someone responds to user "a"'s topic and yes this mode automatically posts a comment to the facebook post it put up on facebook page, but because of users "b" through "x" have posted other topics, you no longer see user "a"'s post on the facebook page because it's shoved down at the bottom....is there a way to make it reappear at the top of the facebook page? cause if i go to facebook.com [nofollow] and comment on anything for that matter usually it reappears at the top no? is this facebook's issue? or something to do with this mod? any idea's or did i loose everyone here with my post lol

bostonb

I am going to try to install this, but already a setback, the two important links in the first post of this thread are offline.

the links about how to install the facebook application??

what do I do?

(and also, quick question, is this mod still the quickest/easiest way to make it so new users can instantly register/post using their facebook login?)

Eclipse16V

I think there can help us any more.
I've already mentioned because I do not come on. Only now can not help.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

dirus

Is anybody working on this mod?

nend

Calm down, it is in the middle of a transfer from one developer to another. The new developer has to take time to study the source and figure things out also. Please be patient during this transfer, work should get back on the way soon.  ;)

lparker

Quote from: nend on May 22, 2012, 12:21:52 PM
Calm down, it is in the middle of a transfer from one developer to another. The new developer has to take time to study the source and figure things out also. Please be patient during this transfer, work should get back on the way soon.  ;)

Thank you for the info

Eclipse16V

Is here no one how can make a manuell to create it on facebook?
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

nend

SA had some manuals on his site which is now offline. As for me, I don't remember all the steps necessary to get your API keys from Facebook. I am sure that this information will be handed off though, maybe sooner than later, just a matter of time.

vbgamer45

I am planning on doing a step by step process with screenshots to help.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: