Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

phlexx

The Facebook connection button is not showing on my home page after I installed the SA Facebook mod and created app on Facebook and I don't know why and how to get it showing. The twitter one is showing and working. Can anybody tell me what to do. I use a custom theme. Thanks.

lparker

save this image to your web server http://sites.socialoptin.com/images/fb_connect.png [nofollow]

and then in your Facebook integration settings under "Facebook Login image " enter the url to the image on your server

had the same issue a few weeks ago this fixed it no problem

phlexx

Many thanks Parker. I did that and its showing now and working. God bless u.

lparker

Quote from: phlexx on May 22, 2012, 07:59:16 PM
Many thanks Parker. I did that and its showing now and working. God bless u.

no problem  8)

nend

Thanks phlexx, you jogged my memory there. I was working on some new buttons last week for the site. Just a new Facebook, Twitter and Google connect buttons and totally forgot about them. Too late now to finish them, will do tomorrow or maybe forget about them.

I need to add them to my todo list, when I forget to do something that means I forgot to add it to my todo list.

When I get done with those buttons I'll post them.  :laugh:

David111567

Hey All!

Okay... here's the deal.

I am using Enotify mod PLUS this Facebook mod.  I want to upgrade, but..there is a bugfix to make Enotify work with this Facebook mod and not toss of errors.  In order for me to upgrade the facebook mod I need to FIX the problem again so that it works with Enotify again. I got the code to make them work together...on the old SA site, which is down. Can anybody tell me where to find this patch again? I've looked, but all I can find is a LINK to the site, which is down.

Any help would be much appreciated.

SA™

it is in this thread i know it a lot of pages lol but i cant rember of hand vb might know a better fix tho as enotify is his mod aswell
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

nfh

The automatic Facebook posting feature still doesn't work properly. It works fine for the next few hours after authorizing the application, but after a while it stops posting on my Facebook page.

I would say that the FB token expires, but I am not able to figure out how to solve this on my own.

Any ideas?

glegar

Just install this mod today, at first I used the package manager on my SMF 2.0.2, but didn't do anything, so I installed it manually by editing the necessery files, and copying the necessary files and folders.

At first attemp to log in with the facebook connect button, I get this error (not logged in as facebook user):
"No connection to facebook found"

then if I clicked the button again, I'll get this error:
"CurlException: 6: Couldn't resolve host 'graph.facebook.com'"

Could anyone please help? perhaps there was an error on facebook app settings?

SA™

Quote from: nfh on May 24, 2012, 09:16:22 AM
The automatic Facebook posting feature still doesn't work properly. It works fine for the next few hours after authorizing the application, but after a while it stops posting on my Facebook page.

I would say that the FB token expires, but I am not able to figure out how to solve this on my own.

Any ideas?

in you facebook app under advance disable
Remove offline_access permission:

this mod doesnt work with the new fb permission correct yet

after doing this your have to goto fb admin publisher and run thru the auth processs again
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Texan78

Thanks VB for taking over this mod and cleaning it up. Could you or someone tell me how the connect button is placed on the index page since index.template.php isn't edited in the install. So how is the button added to the page?

The only thing I have noticed for me that isn't working correctly is the box to load a comment when you hit send. See attached screenshot for example.

Texan78

One other small tweak I would like to make is to change the font size for the publish for users not logged in to be the same as for users logged in. How would I go about doing that since there isn't really a set template or CSS for this.

The first attachment is how it shows to guest. The second is how I would like for it to look as far as font size.

Eclipse16V

You would like to help but am not evaluate themselves with which I must state at Facbook.

Sorry
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

mmozart

Greetings!

I had certain problems with this mod. I have website powered by WordPress and smf forum hosted at hxxp:mywebsiteurl.com/forum [nonactive] . During installation of this mod I have been asked to provide it with username and password in order to change permissions on some files. At the end of installation I was unable to access neither my website or my forum. It looks like it change some files permissions that WordPress do not like. I am not sure what files are changed during this process and why WordPress didn't like it. Problem was solved by hosting company tech support guys.

I really want to install this mod but I do not want to go through website "revitalization" again :S Any advice or suggestion?

SMFHacks.com Team

Quote from: mmozart on May 29, 2012, 02:22:50 AM
Greetings!

I had certain problems with this mod. I have website powered by WordPress and smf forum hosted at mywebsiteurl.com/forum . During installation of this mod I have been asked to provide it with username and password in order to change permissions on some files. At the end of installation I was unable to access neither my website or my forum. It looks like it change some files permissions that WordPress do not like. I am not sure what files are changed during this process and why WordPress didn't like it. Problem was solved by hosting company tech support guys.

I really want to install this mod but I do not want to go through website "revitalization" again :S Any advice or suggestion?
You can try maybe a manual install. On the modsite download the manual install instructions for the mod then just run the php install script for the tables to get the database setup correctly.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Eclipse16V

Is there already something new regarding the establishment on Facebook?
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

cichy69

I got a little problem with this modification.  Maybe someone can help me, or just point me in right direction.

I disabled register with standard smf system, users can only create account with SA Facebook. In plugin options i choose 'automatic' in registration mode, so user click in 'connect with facebook' button and that's all. But there is one problem, if user try to change anything in profile, it must enter password, but facebook password doesn't work.

So currently Im trying to pinpoint part of plugin responsible for making user account, in what file I need to check?
Or maybe someone know what password is automatically generated for users when they connect with facebook?

P.S.
Sorry for my bad english, and that you in advance for any help.

BTW. Great modification.     

SA™

that part is in sources/facebook/facebookintergrate.php

the password is set in this line
$password = self::fb_createRandomPassword();

though i never got as far as to actualy send/pm the pass to the user

you could setup to send the pass to the user after reg is compleate

in
public static function fb_reg_auto(){

find
$memberID = registerMember($regOptions);

after you could do this to pm the pass to the users