SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedealantiques

But, I just had it working before I installed TinyPortal.

vbgamer45

If it works for you then keep it but most of the features should not work do to FB changes.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

wedealantiques

Posting a thread to my FB page is all I cared about, and that was the portion that was working for me. I'll reinstall it and see if it still works.

Kindred

actually, I suspect that the installation of TP was just coincidental and that the actual issue lies with Facebook having forced the API changes recently
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

wedealantiques

OK, just as expected...

I unistalled SA Facebook and then reinstalled it and BAM...it is working again.

Don't believe me, check out http://wetalkantiques.com
[nofollow]

The Like and Share buttons show up once you enter a thread.
Both buttons work.

I don't believe it's an API issue with Facebook when mine are working.
Again, this doesn't work in IE or Edge, but work perfectly in Chrome and Firefox.

Arantor

Yes, those part work, but the login with FB and linking accounts to FB as well as posting to FB directly, these do not work since FB has started removing old versions of their API. All applications must now use Graph API 2.1 or above and this mod doesn't.

Kindred

And there are a dozen other mods that add share and like...  the big thing that this mod allowed was to autopost new posts to a group or page...   
and login with a facebook account...  but I never used that part.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dblog

When can this mod expected to be upgraded to v2.1 or above
Login/Register through FB no longer works

vbgamer45

As of now not any time soon if ever it is a completely different api. I tried to bridge it with SMF but fails to work.
I would look into other social login mods
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dblog

Will it work with existing users who registered thru FB (for autologin etc) until mod is upgraded

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dblog

Then how to existing members auto login ? most of them might not have set a password and just used FB cookies to log into smf

vbgamer45

You would have to reset the password for each account

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mysterion X

Who can help me with this.
When I use the publish button, I get this error:

Dblog

The problem with v2.1 of Facebook API continues even after Jan 5th update.

Harvester

I Need a bit of help please.

When I click Publish on my topic I get the pop up box but it then says this "The parameter href is required"

I am checking my settings but cannot determine what I have done wrong.

Please help.

Padre gremista

None way fix the login error? it will be deprecated?
www.gremioemfoco.info - A comunidade gremista na internet.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Padre gremista

Well so, there are some mod like it?
www.gremioemfoco.info - A comunidade gremista na internet.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: