News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Error Log Counter

Started by SimpleDesk Team, February 12, 2010, 02:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimpleDesk Team

Link to Mod

SMF 2.1 Support: This is built into SMF 2.1.  You will see a indicator on the Admin Menu link showing you not only errors, but other quick counts.

At times it is all too easy to overlook the fact there are errors in the admin panel's error log, and especially for mod authors while testing, critical information is often in the error log.

To help forum admins see that there are entries in the error log - so that they can be promptly attended to, the SimpleDesk team brings you this very small, but useful, mod to highlight when there are items in the error log.

During development of SimpleDesk, we've used this ourselves to note when there are errors, both on the SimpleDesk site and on local development environments, and thought we'd like to share it with you.
The SimpleDesk Team
"Oh, the tickets are tickling!"
www.simpledesk.net

Download | About us | Contribute

~DS~

Congrats, very handy mod. Thanks for sharing.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Arantor

Yeah, this is one I find very handy as I'm always causing errors ;)

~DS~

It should be default when RC goes gold.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Arantor

SMF 2 is supposed to be feature locked, so no new 'features'.

oOo--STAR--oOo

Dam that means no custom mods on smf2 :(...

And fantastic mod... I just came to modifcation and saw this mod.. also i found an error just by noticing this new mod and only just managed to locate and terminte the error..

I will be installing this mod now :)..

Nice one very very useful.

EDIT:

Installed perfectly no errors tested and works 100% Great Mod thanks.. Very useful
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Arantor

No, that means no new features will be added by the development team itself. If the dev team were to add features to 2.0, they'd never finish it, so they set down the list of features and won't add anything new to 2.0 other than bugfixes now.

Good to know you got some errors found - means it's doing its job! :)

SimpleDesk Team

Hey all!

Thanks for your interest in our small modification. Many more will be coming along soon, along with SimpleDesk!

We ask all support requests or commentary to be made on our support site.

Our main site can be found at: www.simpledesk.net

With our small modification support board: http://www.simpledesk.net/community/small_official_mod_support/

Much love,
The SimpleDesk Team!
The SimpleDesk Team
"Oh, the tickets are tickling!"
www.simpledesk.net

Download | About us | Contribute

Jessica.

Installed this with NO errors but a count doesn't appear despite the fact there are errors in the log.
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

Arantor

You've got Menu Editor Lite installed. MEL is not compatible with any other mod that adds to the main menu.

Advertisement: