Error when trying to change forum name

Started by varnco, February 15, 2010, 02:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

varnco

Fresh install of 1.1.11 using simplescripts and when I get into server settings/core configuration, and I try and change the forum title, I get the following:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The forum error log reports nothing.

It seems that anything I try and change on the core doesn't take and gives the above error.

Everything else about the forum works... even the other tabs within server configuration.... just the core tab.

Any ideas?

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

varnco

Well, I went and looked at a different SMF forum I installed about a year ago on a different domain and:

1. Copied the php.ini file from the old forum to the new forum - Result: no change.
2. Copied the .htaccess file from the old forum to the new forum - Result: Works!

There was no php.ini nor .htaccess file in the new domain/forum.

Thanks!

Kill Em All

That would have caused problems. haha

Glad you got it solved, please feel free to mark this topic solved if it is. :)

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: