News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I have a question I can't find an answer to.

Started by BigDaddyDiesel, February 12, 2010, 03:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddyDiesel

I would like to have my forum set up so that even though there are areas of the forum that are just for certain usergroups, (by assignment), the other groups and visitors can still see the restricted boards on the board index and the different post topics in those areas, but they must sign into the area with an appropriate password to read the actual posts. 

I am using 2.0 and here is my site

If this is not too vague a description, is this even possible?

Thanks in advance.

Kill Em All

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=922

There is that mod but it is for 1.1.x, you might want to ask the mod author if they can update it for 2.0. or if they have plans on updating it.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1332

This mod will work with RC2, but that is for guests, you will have to modify the code to work with normal members, you will have to ask the mod author about that.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

BigDaddyDiesel

Outstanding Sir!!!  THANK YOU!  That puts me on the right path!

Kill Em All

No problem, sorry I can't be further help on this. But those should give you a pretty decent start.

Let us know how this works out for you. :)

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

BigDaddyDiesel

Well, the mod worked for what it is, but I can't find a fix for one thing in it for another user group.  Ebnabling the mod allowed guests to see the teaseres,  (topics and post titles)  But then the regular members could not.  SO, although that mod DID partially do what I wanted, I guess I will be working a bit longer to figure out how to make it work just right on our site.

Thanks again for all the help!!!

Advertisement: