News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Cannot remove old posts...

Started by ~DS~, February 17, 2010, 11:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

..via the Forum Maintenance>Topics

I select the board where I want the posts removed and I get this "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again."

Error log shows this:
http://forum.com/index.php?action=admin;area=maintain;sa=topics;activity=pruneold
Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Kill Em All

What do you get in your forums error log when you get that error?
Does this happen when using the default theme?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

~DS~

Quote from: Kill Em All on February 22, 2010, 02:17:24 PM
What do you get in your forums error log when you get that error?
Does this happen when using the default theme?
I already posted the error log in my first post.

Arantor

Do you get that on the default theme?

It's missing the session ident (the numbersletters=numberslettersnumbersletters bit).

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on February 22, 2010, 02:38:08 PM
Do you get that on the default theme?

It's missing the session ident (the numbersletters=numberslettersnumbersletters bit).
Yes, I am on default theme. (Curve)

Arantor

Tried logging out and logging back in?

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on February 22, 2010, 03:09:03 PM
Tried logging out and logging back in?
The logging in and out is fine.

Arantor

*headdesk*

Try logging out and logging back in to refresh the session variables. Then try it again.

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on February 22, 2010, 06:00:35 PM
*headdesk*

Try logging out and logging back in to refresh the session variables. Then try it again.
Of course I did that, no dice.

Kill Em All

Clearing cookies and cache? or different browser?

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

~DS~

Quote from: Kill Em All on February 22, 2010, 10:23:13 PM
Clearing cookies and cache? or different browser?
Wow, I have been using Chrome for so long until I try on Firefox. So it's a bug in Chrome...But it works on my other test site with Chrome.

Kill Em All

So whats different in your test site? Mods, PHP config, theme...

If it is exactly the same, it is probably a cookies/cache problem.

~DS~

Quote from: Kill Em All on February 22, 2010, 10:36:38 PM
So whats different in your test site? Mods, PHP config, theme...

If it is exactly the same, it is probably a cookies/cache problem.
Mostly same expect none mods installed.

YogiBear

I've got this very same problem using the dreaded IE8 but although it's a feature many running large forums would want I avoid it as knowing my luck I'd delete the wrong stuff!
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Kill Em All

It is probably a mod problem then. Try installing each mod one by one and trying it out.

I personally tend to just go through it all manually. Just easier and less worrying about screwing up.

Advertisement: