News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

httpBL

Started by Diego Andrés, February 17, 2010, 03:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua Dickerson

I've been having issues there all day as well.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Wizzlefits

Yep. same here. I get a time out error every now and then.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It now says on their page, "Project Honey Pot is currently undergoing maintenance. We expect to be back online in a couple of hours. Check Back Soon!" so hopefully they'll have things running perfectly again soon. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

valentino86

Quote from: Blade_Runner on February 21, 2011, 02:26:09 PM
How can I add an ip address to the whitelist?

The my same problem. I suggest you to read some posts before

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The Project Honeypot seems to be up and running again :)

Quote from: valentino86 on February 21, 2011, 03:05:40 PM
Quote from: Blade_Runner on February 21, 2011, 02:26:09 PM
How can I add an ip address to the whitelist?

The my same problem. I suggest you to read some posts before

If you access the Project Honeypot website with the IP you wish to whitelist, you should be able to make a query on your own IP, and request it to be immediately whitelisted. You can not directly whitelist IP addresses other than the one you are using, but you can make a request for other IP addresses as well.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

nightmarepatrol

The httpbl mod states that it only supports RC2 and above. is that just a because it was tested starting at RC2? I have an RC1 board that is getting overrun with events that httpbl should be able to address, however I don't was to blindly install this mod either.

So, can I install this on an RC1 installation?

Thanks.

Arantor

Not recommended, there were a very large number of changes introduced with RC2, not least the new default theme.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: nightmarepatrol on February 22, 2011, 08:03:28 AM
So, can I install this on an RC1 installation?
You should not be running RC1 installation to be honest, and I'd be more worried about that than mod compatility if I were you...
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

mark32

When I tried to register on the site I was met with a message saying "Unable to save captcha-image." and no way of submitting the request... or even telling them there was an issue!!

How can I continue? I have the problem above...

busterone

I answered your question in the other topic, but will repeat it here. In the future don't post the same question in multiple topics.
The contact page link is in the footer of HoneyPot's site
http://www.projecthoneypot.org/contact_us.php

edit- I just realized from the other topic that you are having the issue with the contact page. They were having issues with the site yesterday, so maybe they are still sorting some things out. Give it a bit of time and try again.

busterone

I am logged in at P Honeypot and cannot send a message through the contact either.  Capcha is not used if you are logged in, so there are still some other issues with the site. When I attempted to send a message, I received a gateway timeout error.  I suggest waiting it out until they repair the site issues.

Roman

Hi i do get the follwing error now. (after answering the two questions right)

Worked fine some days ago

Arantor

Looks like your Settings.php file has something in it before the <?php at the start, that it shouldn't have. (Please DON'T post the file here)

Roman

Quote from: Arantor on February 23, 2011, 07:48:56 AM
Looks like your Settings.php file has something in it before the <?php at the start, that it shouldn't have. (Please DON'T post the file here)

Hmm No   :(

Thanks for your help

Arantor

Do a search on this forum for 'file_check.php', put it on your server and run it - see if that agrees.

Roman

it says

"UTF-8 BOM found" at settings.php and httpBL_2_Config.php

warning.php does end with
</body>
</html>';
?>

file check:
"File does not end with ?>"

Arantor

So it agrees with me that there's something in your Settings.php that shouldn't be there - the BOM at the start of the file. Have you ever edited it manually (like via cPanel or Notepad)?

As for warning.php, is there a blank line or something after ?> ?

Roman

there is nothing after ?>

I installed a new 2.0 rc5, wrote all the data from my forum into the new settings.php and uploaded it to the old board

and everything is fine now

did edit the old settings.php because of database pw change (filezilla and notepad)

thank you for your patience and help *thumbs up

snoopy_virtual

Hi

I am just back after a couple of weeks without internet so I am now updating my forums to 1.1.13 and RC5 and checking if my 2 mods are compatible with them. (It seems they are, but better to double check).

I have been reading through the posts made while I was away and I have already added to my TODO list a couple of nice suggestions from Joshua Dickerson, bedges and Kike_GL. Thank you.

I am not going to answer here all the posts, as it would be too long and it seems all the problems reported have already been sorted (BTW, thanks also to all the people sorting those problems while I wasn't here).

If any problem has not been sorted yet, please let me know.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

Advertisement: