News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Live Emoticon Library

Started by Dean Williams, February 18, 2010, 05:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3CHN0

Quote from: Surf3rDud3 on November 09, 2011, 03:29:25 AM
It was CMOD to 644 and the dragCode.js was there...
Hello Dean,,, I helped SurerDud3 out. After giving me FTP and I found the problem was this

find
<script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/script.js?fin20"></script>
replace with
<script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/script.js?fin20"></script>
         <script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/dragCode.js"></script>

this part here is what most custom themes have different from the default theme /script.js?fin20">

if applied like I posted before it would have installed without the error surferdude  was getting

Quote from: T3CHN0 on October 27, 2011, 07:24:09 AM
3rd/
Installs perfect on default theme 2.0.1 but on custom theme it dose not.
might be better if install option changed to
Find
                <form id="guest_form" action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'
add before
                <script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/dragCode.js"></script>
and this would over come that problem as well.

Dean Williams

Hey, I see you have got it working all fine now :)

What was the problem in the end?   8)

madman71

hi,

im getting these errors when i click on the More Emoticons button

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/madman71/domains/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/resmoticons/frame.php on line 12

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/madman71/domains/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/resmoticons/frame.php on line 13

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/madman71/domains/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/resmoticons/frame.php on line 14

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Not a directory in /home/madman71/domains/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/resmoticons/frame.php on line 15

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/madman71/domains/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/resmoticons/frame.php:12) in /home/madman71/domains/xxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/resmoticons/frame.php on line 18

T3CHN0

Quote from: tpvgames on November 09, 2011, 02:14:07 PM
Hey, I see you have got it working all fine now :)
What was the problem in the end?   8)
Hi tpvgames if you have a look above your post 'that is what the fix was'

Quote from: madman71 on November 09, 2011, 04:57:56 PM
hi,
Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/madman71/domains/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/resmoticons/frame.php on line 12
Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/madman71/domains/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/resmoticons/frame.php on line 13
Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/madman71/domains/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/resmoticons/frame.php on line 14
Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Not a directory in /home/madman71/domains/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/resmoticons/frame.php on line 15
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/madman71/domains/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/resmoticons/frame.php:12) in /home/madman71/domains/xxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/resmoticons/frame.php on line 18
Could you explain more about what you did to install this mod, was there error's on install. how did you install it!!! and so on please

Dean Williams

Right okay madman71, I know why your getting that error. It's because your server is setup to block CHMOD for security reasons, I forgot to drop @ symbols before the functions so any warnings are ignored.

You could fix this temporarily by placing @chmod on all "chmod" lines in /resmoticons/frame.php.

And Techno, I did hear your suggestion but I could not do it that way because the script really needs to be in the <head> area of the site, but using your suggestion I have now changed that to something that should be more compatible.

BTW GUYS THERE IS A NEW VERSION 2.5 ... I'll release 2.5.1 soon to fix the CHMOD warnings!

Quote from: madman71 on November 09, 2011, 04:57:56 PM
hi,

Dean Williams

2.5.1 is now live. So just install that instead of doing the temporary fix mentioned above.

T3CHN0

Quote from: tpvgames on November 10, 2011, 05:28:34 AM
2.5.1 is now live. So just install that instead of doing the temporary fix mentioned above.
tested this for you on my test forum and install perfect. custom theme no errors
however when going to add a emotion get the following error
File is writable by others, please fix permissions and try again.
changed file permissions to 755 no more error but now get white blank box where the smileys should be.
changed permissions to 644 and still the same... working on another forum right now but will investigate
and report back to you...

Dean Williams

???

It sounds like the first problem was that the permissions were activating a warning because you share the server with other people and the CHMOD has given them access.

Whilst having this error I'm guessing it wasnt allowing the script to write new files, but CHMODding to 755 gives more access to scripts does it not? so I am very confused by this.

Make sure the /Emoticons/ folder is CHMODed correctly, 644 I thought was fine, perhaps.

Dean Williams

reading up on this now and I see people are recommending files to 644 and folders to 755, so make sure the /Emoticons/ folder is 755. Add an emoticon and see if there appearing now :)

T3CHN0

nope still blank.. when I finish this other forum 'soon' I will focus on finding out the problem for you as well 'if I can'

Dean Williams

I've just released 2.5.2 which fixes the problem I believe, it was a write problem for the script. 755 for directories and 644 for files.

Let me know if it works now, you should start to see emoticons instead of blank spaces where you inserted emoticons.

T3CHN0

:( still the same...  on install File is writable by others, please fix permissions and try again.
change php files from 666 to 644 or 755 and still blank

Dean Williams

in your browser navigate to: http://forum.resplace.net/resmoticons/emote.php?id=257 where "http://forum.resplace.net" is the link to your forum. And paste any message you get.

Also it's not the files you have to change its the /Emoticons/ directory that is causing you problems right now.

T3CHN0

Quote from: Dean Williams on November 10, 2011, 06:28:56 AM
in your browser navigate to: http://forum.resplace.net/resmoticons/emote.php?id=257 where "http://forum.resplace.net" is the link to your forum. And paste any message you get.

Also it's not the files you have to change its the /Emoticons/ directory that is causing you problems right now.
OK finished the other forum, I did what you said http://www.aussierampage.com/smf2.0/resmoticons/emote.php?id=257
shows an image and no error. also did check the folder and it is already 755 changed it to 777 just to test but still the same

check my logs and i get this error

http://www.aussierampage.com/smf2.0/index.php?action=post;topic=6.0;last_msg=9 8: Undefined variable: filename2  File: /home1/krajinal/public_html/aussierampage/smf2.0/Themes/default/Post.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 404

// Show the actual posting area...
    if ($context['show_bbc'])
    {
        echo '
                    <div id="bbcBox_message"></div>';
    }

//Live Emoticon Library :: resplace.net
        global $boardurl;

$filename = explode("/", $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']); // THIS WILL BREAK DOWN THE PATH INTO AN ARRAY

for( $i = 0; $i < (count($filename) - 1); ++$i ) {
            $filename2 .= $filename[$i].'/'; <<<<<<<<<<<<< this is what on line 404
        }

// What about smileys?

remove that line and no more error but still not work

Dean Williams

I belive that error is unrelated and its just warning that the variable isnt defined yet but I'm assuming it is.

Anyway if your seeing an image then it must be working!! Delete all the images in /Emoticons/ apart from "broken.png".

Try loading the page again and the emoticon SHOULD appear.

Quote from: T3CHN0 on November 10, 2011, 07:13:18 AM
Quote from: Dean Williams on November 10, 2011, 06:28:56 AM

OK finished the other forum, I did what you said http://www.aussierampage.com/smf2.0/resmoticons/emote.php?id=257
shows an image and no error. also did check the folder and it is already 755 changed it to 777 just to test but still the same

check my logs and i get this error

http://www.aussierampage.com/smf2.0/index.php?action=post;topic=6.0;last_msg=9 8: Undefined variable: filename2  File: /home1/krajinal/public_html/aussierampage/smf2.0/Themes/default/Post.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 404

// Show the actual posting area...
    if ($context['show_bbc'])
    {
        echo '
                    <div id="bbcBox_message"></div>';
    }

//Live Emoticon Library :: resplace.net
        global $boardurl;

$filename = explode("/", $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']); // THIS WILL BREAK DOWN THE PATH INTO AN ARRAY

for( $i = 0; $i < (count($filename) - 1); ++$i ) {
            $filename2 .= $filename[$i].'/'; <<<<<<<<<<<<< this is what on line 404
        }

// What about smileys?

remove that line and no more error but still not work

Dean Williams

Okay give me a link to a topic on your forum with the problem happening and I will inspect. I tried going to your forums but dont see any topics with emoticons in.

Cheers!

T3CHN0

http://www.aussierampage.com/smf2.0/index.php?board=1.0

see no emotions because it's not working. blank window shows

I am changing my test forum back to default install. clean forum. i will test again

T3CHN0

still don't work on default theme with no mods - clean forum
still have to set file and folder permissions and then still get a blank window.
tested old mod install and the old one works but with the errors in logs

what more can i do to help?

T3CHN0

I just found if I try to post as a guest I get the following error, this error only happens with guess

Info icon
The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500

Most likely causes:

• The website is under maintenance.
  • The website has a programming error.

What you can try:

[/t][/t][/t]
Refresh the page.Refresh the page.

[/t][/t][/t]
Go back to the previous page.Go back to the previous page.
More information[/t][/t][/t]
More information<ID id="moreInformation">More information</ID>
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Advertisement: