News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

help please fast

Started by jetli68, February 18, 2010, 09:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetli68

hi there i  have upgraded to smf 2 from 1.1.11

when i browse my  forum i can see the post but soon as i go into the posts

they are all  blank

i have tried 2 diff theme  plus the defualt one and  its all the same

all topic show up as blank i have cleaned my cookies in my browser  still the same i have tried firefox and ie   both are the same

please some one help me

tia

jet

Kays

Hi, if you used an FTP client. Try reuploading all of the files again but do it folder by folder as FTP clients can miss files in subfolders.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

jetli68

i have done that m8 now  i got a weird prob

i can not get into admin cp now  just come up a  white page

tia

jet

Kays

Did you run upgrade.php when you did the upgrade?

Try adding ?theme=1 to the url to your forums. that should get the default theme to load.

Also, what is your default language. If it's not english, you will need to upload the language files for 2.0

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

jetli68

hi m8 i am getting there i  think i can see the posts but   i can not modify   any thing on the forum the modify  and delete  buttons are not there  on any theme

Kays

Download the language you are using from the link below and upload the files to the languages folder in the Default theme. Then go into the Admin CP > Maintenance and clear the file cache.

http://download.simplemachines.org/?languages

My Mods

jetli68

hi m8 i got  it working now  but now i get this error

Unable to load the 'main_above' template.

anybody know how to fix it

Kays

Good, that means you're on the right track. :)

1.1 themes will not work with 2.0 RC2 hence that error. Adding ?theme=1 to the url to your forums should get the default theme to load and get you past that error. After that you'll need to look for some 2.0 RC2 themes to use.

My Mods

jetli68

hi m8 thanks for all your help m8 i installed a  new theme and it all seems to be running ok at the min  thanks for your help with this   again mate

Kays

No problem. Glad you got it sorted out. :)

My Mods

Advertisement: