News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Problem installing latest mods

Started by edi67, February 17, 2010, 01:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edi67

I have serious problem installing the latest new mods, well always in paste i installed mod, i have actually over 80 mods installed and always i haven't problem with this , but last week i having a lot of problem trying to install some new version of my mod.
The problem i had when i try to install mod, i upload mod correctly, i can laungh installation without problem but ALWAYS when some mod trying to create new table or adding new coloumns or filed in some exitent table i have that errors one example of them is above:

Table 'crazyzone_ediboard.{db_prefix}messages' doesn't exist
File: /home/crazyzone/data/www/crazyzone.biz/Packages/temp/db_reason2.php
Riga: 23

Well seems as when file trying to modify my DB it not work correctly and it not FIND TABLE ( but table exist always) the only solution that i have is remove line that launch modification to DB, but if i had already that new filed with old mod i can install new version of mod, but if is one new creation and i haven't not that field required well i can't install mod.

Please somebody can explain me this? i have SMF RC1, may be there is some patch for correct this ? may be SMF RC2 have new method for create new table or something similar?
please some help will be appreciated so much.
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Oldiesmann

Which mod(s) are you having problems with? I'm not sure how many mods are compatible with 2.0 RC1, so upgrading would probably help.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

edi67

not one in particular but 3 or 4 new upgrade to exitent mod.
THe problem i having ONLY when mod trying to create new coloums or table in DB, because i receive error that some default table DON'T Exist, if i remove the creation or modification of table mod begin installed perfectly.
So problem is only in creation or modification or addiction in default table, seems as for smf rc2 there is different comand for create table or something similar

in specific last 2 mods that i can't instal are BOARD NOTICES, and REASON for EDIT ( upgrade i already had this mod ) but with all new i thing i will have this problem
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

edi67

Well please tell me i found one not good solution but the only one and i dont understand why this happen, for example if i have one file that modify my tables using that comand:

Quote// If SSI.php is in the same place as this file, and SMF isn't defined, this is being run standalone.
if (file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php') && !defined('SMF'))
   require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');
// Hmm... no SSI.php and no SMF?
elseif (!defined('SMF'))
   die('<b>Error:</b> Cannot install - please verify you put this in the same place as SMF\'s index.php.');

db_extend('packages');

$smcFunc['db_add_column'] (
   '{db_prefix}boards',
   array
   (
      'name' => 'notice_title',
      'type' => 'varchar',
      'size' => 255,
   )
);

'{db_prefix}boards',
   array
   (
      'name' => 'notice_description',
      'type' => 'text',
   )
);

?>

I MUST, for make it work, remove the part  {db_prefix} infact if i remove that everything work, and table exist, if i have this db_prefix it not work, and table seems to not exist ,, very very strange i dont understand the reason that this happen so correct code for me is:

Quote// If SSI.php is in the same place as this file, and SMF isn't defined, this is being run standalone.
if (file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php') && !defined('SMF'))
   require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');
// Hmm... no SSI.php and no SMF?
elseif (!defined('SMF'))
   die('<b>Error:</b> Cannot install - please verify you put this in the same place as SMF\'s index.php.');

db_extend('packages');

'boards',
   array
   (
      'name' => 'notice_title',
      'type' => 'varchar',
      'size' => 255,
   )
);

'boards',