forum almost dead after migration

Started by luismanson, February 18, 2010, 07:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luismanson

Hi, i hat to migrate from hosting company, so now im on dreamhost... i just started again with the untouched smf 2 rc2 using the previous hosting database  however im experiencing LOTS of 500 error, in apache i see "premature en of script" i tought it was the pretty urls mod, but still giving errors after installing it, i even used my previous htaccess...

yes i ran the repair settings :(

ii saw some error in the forum log about enotify, which is not instaled now... a grep in the sources shows nothing :|

so, im confused, if i have the forum without any mods, not even a language but the old SQL server/database where can the problem be?

Kill Em All

Your database is for RC2 right, you weren't using a lower version of SMF on your other host?

Please look at this post for common causes of 500 errors.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=340411.msg2293433#msg2293433

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

luismanson

the original one is RC2 with a few mods, the new one is plain RC2, it shouldnt  fail this way... after an F5 works every time :|

Kill Em All

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

luismanson

i got it fixed, it seems like i was having some kind of ddos, so i had to block 2 IPs with an htaccess, but now im having another problems... some posts are empty....

Like here: http://www.foromilestone.com.ar/consultas/se-corta-internet-3g/msg10876/#msg10876

i will open another thread...

luismanson

Kill Em All

Glad you got everything working, and thanks for posting solutions to your problems to. I wish you and your forum the best of luck. :)

Advertisement: