News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Mod Site - 421 New Features

Started by HecKel, March 16, 2011, 04:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HecKel

Hi!

How can we have 421 New Features?

I believe the Mod Site should suffer some kind of re-organization or its mods being re-qualified, we have hundreds of mods but tens of outdated mods, why not also a clean up?

I believe it is quite hard to do this task, so please don't take this as a complain but as a recommendation instead.
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Arantor

Sure you can have 421 new features... if each mod does something different. I must have added at least 30 to that category in my time... ;)

Masterd

There is unlimited number of features that can be added. Even some very small mods can add a whole new and useful feature.

HecKel

Quote from: Arantor on March 16, 2011, 05:54:20 PM
Sure you can have 421 new features... if each mod does something different. I must have added at least 30 to that category in my time... ;)

So, this category is pointless. And what about when some of those "new features" become SMF in-build features?
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Masterd

In that case, they will be archived.

Arantor

Some of them DID become SMF built-in features, but it didn't stop them still being new features for the version of SMF... take Paid Subscriptions. It's a new feature vs 1.1.x but built in to 2.0..

Masterd

Another good example of what Arantor said are Redirection Boards.

Advertisement: