News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Uninstall simple portal mod trouble. 500 error

Started by Mu3rt3, February 26, 2010, 03:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mu3rt3

Hi

So i have trouble removing simple portal, tryed to post on simple portal thread but not reply so i made this thread.  ;D

Link to the post:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.msg2514218#msg2514218

Prob post quoted:

Quote from: Mu3rt3 on February 24, 2010, 12:51:34 PM
Hi! I have trouble uninstalling this simple portal mod.  :o

I just click uninstall and it does give blank page with 500 error on apache log's nothing on smf error log's.

I can uninstall other mod's just fine.  ;)

"GET /index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=uninstall;package=SimplePortal_2.3.1.tar.gz;pid=48 HTTP/1.1" 500 -

Chas Large

Had you manually installed a Forum button to the index.template after you installed SP? That would now be ineffectual.

Had you set up for Portal or Standalone mode?

Can you not now access your site or is SP just not uninstalling? A 500 error normally means the site does not exist or the URL is wrong.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Mu3rt3

Had you manually installed a Forum button to the index.template after you installed SP? That would now be ineffectual.
Nope it did come with simple portal.

Nope it's front page mode in settings.

Can you not now access your site or is SP just not uninstalling? A 500 error normally means the site does not exist or the URL is wrong.
Site does function normally, just the uninstall button is broken.

Oldiesmann

A 500 error doesn't mean that the site doesn't exist or that the URL is wrong. A 500 error is a generic message meaning there was an error on the server side of things. Is there anything in the Apache error log (not the access log)?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Afro

Chas Large

Quote from: Oldiesmann on February 26, 2010, 12:57:13 PM
A 500 error doesn't mean that the site doesn't exist or that the URL is wrong. A 500 error is a generic message meaning there was an error on the server side of things. Is there anything in the Apache error log (not the access log)?
You are of course correct. I was confusing this with a 503 error which is that the server is currently unavailable (because it is overloaded or down for maintenance) and can be caused by a bad SMF install, well I've seen it anyway. ;)
Quote from: Mu3rt3 on February 26, 2010, 10:35:38 AM
Nope it did come with simple portal.

Nope it's front page mode in settings.

Site does function normally, just the uninstall button is broken.
Do you mean the uninstall BUTTON? after you've clicked the uninstall link in the Browse Packages list? If so do you see a list of all the uninstall tests and does it show any errors there?
If you have tried uninstalling, it fails with the blank page, and you navigate back to the packages list, does it still show that it is installed? f it does, then the parser has not read the uninstall instructions properly.
As Afro suggested, have you tried a manual uninstall?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Mu3rt3

QuoteDo you mean the uninstall BUTTON? after you've clicked the uninstall link in the Browse Packages list? If so do you see a list of all the uninstall tests and does it show any errors there?
If you have tried uninstalling, it fails with the blank page, and you navigate back to the packages list, does it still show that it is installed? f it does, then the parser has not read the uninstall instructions properly.
As Afro suggested, have you tried a manual uninstall?

I just click the uninstall button just blank page after that nothing else, when i navigate back to the installed packages list Simple Portal is still installed.
Manual uninstall it is then! :)

Note the reason to uninstall simple portal is that there is blank pages all around in forums reply pages, views thread and so on. These are traced to simple portal as we have installed and uninstalled simple portal few times it's obvious now that "500" errors come from Simple Portal.

Mu3rt3

Solved!

I did unpack and repack the mod folder from .tar.bz to .zip and it worked like it should.

Advertisement: