403 errors

Started by Arqueete, February 21, 2010, 01:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arqueete

Hello hello. So tonight I moved my board from one host to another, and some weird things happened. For several accounts on the board, their profiles and any topics they were involved in gave 403 (forbidden) errors. Any new posts from affected accounts continued to give these errors.

I created a new account as a test and had no problem making new posts, so we decided to just take the loss of those broken posts, deleted most of the accounts on the board and started making new ones. However: now we're still getting 403 errors on all accounts when trying to edit Forum Profile or view the Memberlist (though everything else, including posting, seems fine so far).

As far as I can tell, permissions for all files appear to be 755.

I don't even know where to start in figuring this out. Any suggestions? I mean, we don't have many posts, so we could potentially start over entirely, but I have no idea if that'd even fix it or not...

Kill Em All

Your file permissions are wrong.

All directories should be CHMOD to 755. All files should be 644.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

xGrRrxGiRxGuRux

Arqueete

Started changing files over to 644 aaaand now I get an Internal Server Error when trying to access the board :(

Kill Em All

@ xGrRrxGiRxGuRux, please do not bump the topic asking if its solved just a few mins after an answer is suggested. Thanks.

Please see this topic about common causes of 500 errors:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=340411.msg2293433#msg2293433

All folders are 755 and all files are 644, correct?

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Arqueete

They were, yes.

I got a little fed up with running around trying to figure out a way around this, so I threw in the towel and moved hosts yet again and this time everything transferred over with no problems. Thanks for your help anyway :)

Kill Em All

Glad its working now then. Probably a PHP configuration problem.

I'll mark this solved, if you have further questions please feel free to unmark this solved. :)

Advertisement: