News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Excessive scrolling

Started by ~DS~, December 22, 2009, 09:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

This is the message I got from my moderator
QuoteNoticed a excessive scrolling while editing another member's post - for example, I was attempting to modify the moderators rules when I try to bold a heading, it automatically scrolls up to the beginning after editing something and you have to scroll back to continue skimming through, it happen EVERY time you do it. Annoying.

Is there any fix to this or a mod for this. I am on SMF 2.0 RC2
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Arantor

So what browser are they using?

~DS~

Firefox I believe. I will ask my moderator.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

~DS~

My moderator told me he's using Chrome.

searchgr

Arantor

~DS~

Quote from: searchgr on December 22, 2009, 02:04:12 PM
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=309186.0

Unfortunately no solution until now......
You mean no solution since?
Quote from: The Grinch on December 22, 2009, 02:21:27 PM
What version of Chrome?
I think the lasest version since it autoupdate itself.
As for me the admin have no issue whatsoever on my end. Using Chrome 4.0 249.43 on Mac.

searchgr

I still have the same problem in firefox and IE. smf 2.0 rc2 chrome

Post a very long text and then try to edit it. The problem is not solved.

Arantor

Well, there are two branches of Chrome, 3.x and 4.x - 3.x is the stable branch, 4.x is the beta. I use the latter and I've observed unexpected problems either on this build here, or on RC2 Public elsewhere.

How *exactly* are you trying to edit it?

~DS~

I am still having this issue...again.

http://thetwoworldsforum.com/index.php/topic,509.0.html

I believed it's a relating to a PM bug that can solve the issue with this:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=349750.0

I will be testing this....

Advertisement: