News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Package Installation changes nothing

Started by ScopeXL, February 22, 2010, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScopeXL

Hello,

I just now started having this problem. I try to install a package through package manager and first gave me one or more files is not writable error. I fixed this by creating a 'temp' folder in /Packages/ and chmodding to 0777. Now when I try to install a package, it will say all tests passed and appear to install the package correctly, though nothing in the package shows up. I go to uninstall the package and every test fails that requires code adding or replacing. I read this could be a permission error though I checked all my permissions and they are as follows:

/Packages/ -- 0777
/Sources/ -- 0777
/Themes/ -- 0777

So I don't know why my packages won't install and actually make the necessary changes to install the package? Anyone have any insight on this? Thanks in advance.

// Edit
Problem has resolved itself. Sorry I cannot comment any further on how it got resolved.

skyline5k

Having the exact same problem, yet mine hasn't resolved itself.  Need to install about 6 different packages, and I really don't want to do them all manually. 

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement: