Moving forum to another directory

Started by txcas, February 23, 2010, 09:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txcas

I currently have SMF under mydomain.org\forum.  I would like to move the forum to the root directory.  I searched and found posts for version 1.x indicating that it is just a matter of making a backup, copy the files down, and then put the files in the new location.  After that repair.php is supposed to be executed.  Is that the same procedure for version 2.0 RC2?  Is repair.php the same thing as repairboards.php under the sources directory?  Also, is that what is listed as Find and Repair Errors under Maintenance?

Arantor

First up, repair.php is actually repair_settings.php, available from the Downloads section.

Procedure is the same for 2.0 RC2 provided you don't have multiple attachment directories.

repair.php (or actually repair_settings.php) is nothing to do with repairboards.php

Find and Repair Errors is to do with when you have topics that have messages whose ids are missing, and other database-ONLY things, nothing to do with this.

txcas

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

KensonPlays

Is your problem solved? If so you can mark it solved at the bottom of the last post to the left, between last post and the quick reply. If your not problem solved, then leave it unmarked...

Advertisement: