News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Tracking User Activity

Started by Mike Bobbitt, May 24, 2005, 12:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean Williams

why are you making it compatible for a version that is in BETA stages? shouldnt everyone be making mods for the current released version which is 1.0.5?

I would use 1.1 but there is no package update yet :(

Mike Bobbitt

I'm making it for the version I use, and sharing it in case others find it useful. :)

fiver

Hi Mike,

Just updated from smf1.1rc1 to rc2 and tracker.php stopped working.

Error log:
Unknown column '******.smf_log_boards.logTime' in 'order clause'
File: /home/fivearts/public_html/tracker.php
Line: 169

I had a look through phpMyAdmin >> smf_log_boards and there is no "logTime" field. But in backup_smf_log_boards there is "logTime" field.

What should I do? Should I change something under tracker.php or something in phpMyAdmin? I have never tweak phpMyAdmin before.

:o

Mike Bobbitt

I noticed that myself recently... I've asked about it here but no reply yet.

I've updated the script to work with RC2, but unfortunately that means no date/time indicators, which makes it pretty much useless. :( If that info is stored somewhere, I can add it back in.

Cheers
Mike

Han

Hi Mike. We've just updated to RC2 and are also getting the 169 error.
I hope you will get the info to get tracker.php to work again. It's a very useful tool for us.

Mike Bobbitt

If you re-download the tracker.php script it should work with RC2 but unfortunately no time/date stamps. :(

damacguy

I just can't get a break.  :P

Still getting the following error...
Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/smf/tracker.php on line 107

Mike Bobbitt

Yeah, you don't seem to be having much luck at all... I did test the script on a couple of servers and it works OK so I'm not sure why it's giving you grief... :(

damacguy

Well, I'm running RC2, php 4.3.11, and the following mods...

• FAQ Tags 0.1
  • Gmail Field 1.1
  • Google Member Map 0.51
  • Personal Message Auto Responder 0.2
  • Skype Name Mod 1.0
  • Spoiler Tag 0.2.3
  • Users Online Today Mod 1.3.1

Could any of that have an affect? I could uninstall them, but some are 'tweaked'.

Mike Bobbitt

Hard to say which if any of those mods may be interacting.... the error indicates a problem with the script itself, but I can't seem to reproduce it. I hate to tell you to remove your mods since that's a lot of work... would it be easier to install a qiuck "test" SMF to see if the script runs for a clean install?

Han

Quote from: Mike Bobbitt on January 07, 2006, 07:56:03 PM
If you re-download the tracker.php script it should work with RC2 but unfortunately no time/date stamps. :(
Thanks i did that. Better some tracks than none  ;)
...but I stil hope you will soon be able to fix the time/date stamps of this tracker.

dustrho

I'm getting all sorts of error with this now.  I re-downloaded the tracker.php file, moved it to my SMF directory (running 1.1 RC2), and even though it works I'm getting tons of hacking errors at the bottom of the report.  Funny thing is that these error messages are timestamped, where nothing else is.  I sure hope this tool can be functional again, as I used it on a regular basis.

Mike Bobbitt

Are the errors listed under the "errors" section by chance? :D

dustrho

Quote from: Mike Bobbitt on January 09, 2006, 08:22:45 PM
Are the errors listed under the "errors" section by chance? :D

Yes.  Here's an example...

QuoteApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Hacking attempt...
SELECT `sandtroopers_com_-_sandtroopers`.yabbse_members.`realName` FROM `sandtroopers_com_-_sandtroopers`.yabbse_members WHERE `sandtroopers_com_-_sandtroopers`.yabbse_members.`ID_MEMBER` = "529";
File: /DIRECTORY/smf/tracker.php

Pay no attention to the "yabbse" in the database name.  I just haven't changed the name of our database yet.

Mike Bobbitt

If the script is showing the user info and showing errors under the errors section, there's a good chance that's normal. I.E. Maybe these are actual errors the user you're tracking generated.

LostProphecy

i'd love to try this when it comes back in action... it sounds great...

does it have a limit as to say how many recent action it shows or how many days is classified as recent??
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

Mike Bobbitt

If it's in the database, it'll show it, so "recent" is everything that's logged.

damacguy

Well, I finaly got around to installing a copy of SMF to test stuff on (should have done that a while back, but now that my site is live it's practically a requirement).

I've done NOTHING but install SMF, and copied the tracker over.

If I go to http://server.com/tracker.php or http://server.com/tracker.php?function=track;u=[uid] I get the same error regarding line 107.
Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/smf_test/tracker.php on line 107

I'm running 1.1RC2 and MySQL 4.0.24 on a Mac OS X 10.3.9 Server.

I tried commenting out the {} section around line 107 (from else { on 106 to } on 112), but no go. If I comment out the whole if section (102-116) I get a similar error, but it references line 108.

Mike Bobbitt

What version of PHP are you using, maybe it doesn't like a command I've used...

damacguy

Advertisement: