News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Tracking User Activity

Started by Mike Bobbitt, May 24, 2005, 12:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhura!

Any luck looking @ this?

Thanks!
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Jamesviedigital

Thanks Mike

Nothing is more important today is tracking our visitors, good job mate, thanks

James

Uhura!

:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

seomul

Its good ... well done great going.

gastan

comment deleted 1-09-10.  problem solved.

CultureGlue

Quote from: Han on July 25, 2005, 06:30:10 PM
It comes in handy in all occasions when the admin needs to know if a user has read a certain topic.
I'm very pleased with it!!
That's for sure..

Uhura!

This mod rocks!

Question...

Why am I not gettig IP addresses and times with my tracking info? All I get is a list of rooms visited. :(

SoniaUK

Great mod

going to add it now.  ;)

Tones

Quote from: Uhura! on January 12, 2010, 01:40:25 PM
This mod rocks!

Question...

Why am I not gettig IP addresses and times with my tracking info? All I get is a list of rooms visited. :(

Judging from the image you posted on the previous page, you're using the original file so havent made the adjustments to the database tables for logging times.

Uhura!

So, it isn't enough to install the mod - I have to write code and install additional items myself?

CultureGlue

Is it possible to make this work for an IP- address?

zushiba

zushiba

Yes that is the code I used.

zushiba

To connect to the SMF database and grab the necessary information then format for the display yes. That's not built in functionality to the jQuery spy. In fact I made it quite clear where I got it from.
QuoteI got the idea by looking at the Digg Spy. I wanted to do something like this for my forum (1.1.9) some googling produced http://leftlogic.com/lounge/articles/jquery_spy/ which uses jquery to nab the contents of whatever you point it at at a specific interval.
It took a very little modifying to get it to work with the forums. I used the smf_log_online table to get an idea of what people were up too.
thought I made it clear, certainly didn't mean to make it sound like I had coded the entire thing just the part that formats the SMF information for display.
EDIT: Updated code to actually close the sql connection.

CultureGlue

radiaku

Great Mod

But I think if its have css
maybe its will more cool

Uhura!

Lorisplace

Quote from: Mike Bobbitt on May 24, 2005, 12:47:14 PM
I've created a simple script to track recent user activity on SMF. It's nothing fancy, but if you want to find out what people have been up to (useful for keeping tabs on potential trouble) you may find this handy.

This sounds nice Mike Bobbitt.

Can someone list exactly what activity is shown?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement: