News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to turn off "Last Edit" statement, can admins make edits without it showing?

Started by JimTrail, February 27, 2010, 06:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimTrail

Hello;

There are two questions that I need answered:

1). How do I turn off/on the "« Last Edit: date time username" that shows at the bottom of the page when you make edits?

2). Can the SMF 2.0 be set so that admins/moderators edit posts without the "« Last Edit: date time username" being shown but still show edits made by regular users?

Thanks.

Oldiesmann

1. Admin -> Forum -> Posts and Topics. Set "Courtesy Edit Wait Time" to 0.

2. Yes, but not without editing the code.

Sources/Post.php

Find
Code (Line 1875) Select
if (time() - $row['poster_time'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $user_info['id'] != $row['id_member'])

Replace
if ((time() - $row['poster_time'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $user_info['id'] != $row['id_member']) && !($user_info['is_admin'] || $user_info['is_mod']))

Find
Code (Line 2769) Select
if (time() - $row['poster_time'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $user_info['id'] != $row['id_member'])

Replace
if ((time() - $row['poster_time'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $user_info['id'] != $row['id_member']) && !($user_info['is_admin'] || $user_info['is_mod']))

The line numbers are based on a default installation and may be different if you have any mods installed that modify Post.php.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

JimTrail

Oldiesmann;

Thanks for responding to my question.

I will give it a try. Thanks again.

YogiBear

Have a look in the Modifications section, Jim. I'm sure I've seen somewhere a mod which allows admins and moderators (though I'm not sure if it can be set to admins only) to edit posts without it showing.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Advertisement: