How to turn off "Last Edit" statement, can admins make edits without it showing?

Started by JimTrail, February 27, 2010, 06:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimTrail

Hello;

There are two questions that I need answered:

1). How do I turn off/on the "« Last Edit: date time username" that shows at the bottom of the page when you make edits?

2). Can the SMF 2.0 be set so that admins/moderators edit posts without the "« Last Edit: date time username" being shown but still show edits made by regular users?

Thanks.

Oldiesmann

1. Admin -> Forum -> Posts and Topics. Set "Courtesy Edit Wait Time" to 0.

2. Yes, but not without editing the code.

Sources/Post.php

Find
Code (Line 1875) Select
if (time() - $row['poster_time'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $user_info['id'] != $row['id_member'])

Replace
if ((time() - $row['poster_time'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $user_info['id'] != $row['id_member']) && !($user_info['is_admin'] || $user_info['is_mod']))

Find
Code (Line 2769) Select
if (time() - $row['poster_time'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $user_info['id'] != $row['id_member'])

Replace
if ((time() - $row['poster_time'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $user_info['id'] != $row['id_member']) && !($user_info['is_admin'] || $user_info['is_mod']))

The line numbers are based on a default installation and may be different if you have any mods installed that modify Post.php.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

JimTrail

Oldiesmann;

Thanks for responding to my question.

I will give it a try. Thanks again.

YogiBear

Have a look in the Modifications section, Jim. I'm sure I've seen somewhere a mod which allows admins and moderators (though I'm not sure if it can be set to admins only) to edit posts without it showing.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Advertisement: