News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Some constructive critism would be nice!! :]

Started by .Crazy.Face., February 28, 2010, 03:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Crazy.Face.

Please check out my forum and tell me if you like it or what you think I should change about it:

http://justcrazy.co.cc

Please note: I already know about the co.cc thing, how I should just buy a domain, but to be quite honest, I don't have enough money right now to do that. I just got laid off.

Cassiel

Sorry to hear that, Crazy. I hope everything works out in the end. :)

But I just checked your site and the firs thing that I thought I would hate immediately is the background, though I don't like it as bad as I thought I would. ;) It kind of blends in nicely, but it's still very....I hate to use this word, but "girly", and it doesn't really match with the rest of the site. I do like the board layout though. It's very nice. But if you could add the information for the parenthesis, with ( 1 topic / 3 posts ) instead of ( 1 / 3 ) then I think that would help. Because otherwise someone coming into your site would have no idea what it means. Also, try to avoid having too many empty boards. It gives the impression that your forum is...well, empty, and people will be less inclined to join. I good habit to have is to add boards as the need for them arises on your forum. ;)

Great job, and I wish you luck with your forum. :)

.Crazy.Face.

Quote from: Cassiel on February 28, 2010, 10:49:28 AM
Sorry to hear that, Crazy. I hope everything works out in the end. :)

But I just checked your site and the firs thing that I thought I would hate immediately is the background, though I don't like it as bad as I thought I would. ;) It kind of blends in nicely, but it's still very....I hate to use this word, but "girly", and it doesn't really match with the rest of the site. I do like the board layout though. It's very nice. But if you could add the information for the parenthesis, with ( 1 topic / 3 posts ) instead of ( 1 / 3 ) then I think that would help. Because otherwise someone coming into your site would have no idea what it means. Also, try to avoid having too many empty boards. It gives the impression that your forum is...well, empty, and people will be less inclined to join. I good habit to have is to add boards as the need for them arises on your forum. ;)

Great job, and I wish you luck with your forum. :)

Thank you very much for your response! It surprises me how over 75 people have viewed this thread and only one person replied.

I don't exactly know how to do that (the label thing.) Could you help me out?

Mick.

To be frank,.... i didnt know what the forum is about,.... and still dont know whats about.

All it says "crazy" and that it.

You need some sort of intro, you also need a front page with some funnies, youtube videos, etc.

.Crazy.Face.

Quote from: BlueDevil on March 01, 2010, 01:16:11 AM
To be frank,.... i didnt know what the forum is about,.... and still dont know whats about.

All it says "crazy" and that it.

You need some sort of intro, you also need a front page with some funnies, youtube videos, etc.

Sounds good. Which portal do you suggest? SimplePortal? EZPortal?

Mick.

I never used EZportal so i cannot comment on it.

...but i do use SimplePortal and it meets my needs and very easy to use.

An intro stating what your website is about is a must.....

We all like videos!

How about polls?

.Crazy.Face.

Quote from: BlueDevil on March 01, 2010, 01:31:02 AM

We all like videos!

How about polls?

great! I'll check it out right now!

TheDel

We all like videos!

How about polls?

I agree- a portal would be cool
Plus you certainly need to add your own logo

Blue Devil, was the switch from TP to Simple come before the upgrade to RC2 or because TP isnt 2 compatible?
I sent ya a PM asking about that and the Facebook Connect mod you have. Not sure if it went through (was having connection issues)

Mick.

Quote from: TheDel on March 01, 2010, 12:43:39 PM

We all like videos!

How about polls?

I agree- a portal would be cool
Plus you certainly need to add your own logo

Blue Devil, was the switch from TP to Simple come before the upgrade to RC2 or because TP isnt 2 compatible?
I sent ya a PM asking about that and the Facebook Connect mod you have. Not sure if it went through (was having connection issues)

Sorry, i did get your PM,...will reply tonight.

bullbreedluverz

you need to center your background, at moment it is either left aligned or hasnt been given an alignment - it looks ok on lower res screen but if you view it on higher res then its aligned wrong

Cassiel

Quote from: .Crazy.Face. on March 01, 2010, 12:58:10 AM
I don't exactly know how to do that (the label thing.) Could you help me out?

Sorry, but i'm still trying to learn all of this code myself, actually. Maybe someone else can help out, or check out the Online Manual to try and figure it out for yourself. :)

Advertisement: