News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Setting to Allow Admin to Read Member PM's?

Started by BAcres, February 28, 2010, 01:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARG01

@tzora:

No admin on any web site has the right to read anyone's private messages. If they desire to then they must be either hiding something or extremely paranoid about what others "may" be saying about them. Reading your beliefs and train of though on this issue reminds me of one word, pathetic. You're damn luck that you have any members at all.  ???
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

tzora

If moderation is pathetic, so be it. I've already told you my membership appreciates the fact that I weed out moles and provide a clean platform for discussions. Forum is for discussions related to the topic we discuss. If they have anything personal to discuss, they can do that through email or messenger. No need to bash me if I moderate my forum my way. What's pathetic according to you, is moderation according to me.

By the way, my membership thinks they are damn lucky to have me. Of course, I'm lucky to have the best of the best members period

xrunner

tzora,

Unless somebody else mentioned it, you can just disable PMs for regular members in the permissions.

ARG01

Quote from: tzora on February 19, 2013, 09:26:16 PM
If moderation is pathetic, so be it. I've already told you my membership appreciates the fact that I weed out moles and provide a clean platform for discussions. Forum is for discussions related to the topic we discuss. If they have anything personal to discuss, they can do that through email or messenger. No need to bash me if I moderate my forum my way. What's pathetic according to you, is moderation according to me.

By the way, my membership thinks they are damn lucky to have me. Of course, I'm lucky to have the best of the best members period

No, moderation is not pathetic. But invasion of privacy is. Moderating private messages is indeed a breech of privacy and has not one thing to do with forum moderation. Forum moderation is for keeping public material within policy and weeding out bad posters.
Reading personal messages, whether your members are fine with it or not is simply snooping where you have no business being. And yes, in my book that is pathetic.

Oh, and remind me to never join your forums. You would be disgusted at the PM's that I would be sending about you to others.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

busterone

Quote from: tzora on February 19, 2013, 09:26:16 PM

Reading PMs is in no way whatsoever to be remotely associated with moderation.  If and only if your members like and appreciate what you do, then they are fools.  Business or not, it is absolutely no excuse whatsoever.  You can justify it all day, but it is wrong and unethical in every way.  I seriously doubt they consider themselves to be lucky. Blinded and jaded perhaps, but they are not lucky.  Of course, your are only a forum admin, but it is thought such as yours that is a danger to the free world.  A forum admin here and a Secret Police there- "No worries, we monitor your privacy for your own protection."   Bull******.

I have said enough, people like you never listen anyway.

ARG01

MC73

If I am a member of a site and the Admin reads my personal messages, then they are very immature. You may think that your members think you are the best, but in fact, you are either into invasion of privacy of your members or you are just nosey as hell. Any member would be a fool to join a site that Admin reads their private messages. I am another one whom is glad that I'm not a member of your site ..... for wrong is Wrong.
Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

tzora

Quote from: busterone on February 19, 2013, 09:39:17 PMIf and only if your members like and appreciate what you do, then they are fools.
that's about the biggest joke I've read in this community. And you are judging my membership based on something me and my members mutually agreed upon. Most people in my community are mature people. leaving 1 or 2, most are above the age of 30 years and successful business owners. all they wanted a community where they can communicate and share information. i'm providing them with the very best and they Love me (with a capital L). Of course, there are all types of people in a community and I did have a few snakes. I discussed it out on the forums in the open the sort of private messages they were sharing with each other. 100% of my good members appreciate me catching them up and kicking them out of the forum. what's the problem guys? why are you speaking against my members? u wish to tell me a that i'm a fool, unethical prick or anything. PLEASE do not talk rough about my members. they are like family to me. think i'm gonna put the pen down now cuz we are not going anywhere. i'm holding myself together while communicating but things are going bad now. i'm ending communication in this thread. not because i've had to take the banter but because its coming bad on my membership. i'm PROUD to be who i am and the way i run my community and my membership is my pride. thank you to everyone for your input in this thread.

ARG01

Colin

I suppose we are hung up on it because we use the private message system differently. If you use it as an open discussion tool then I suppose that's fine, but I am guessing we are hung up on it just because you are the only one who can view it.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

busterone

xrunner

Quote from: tzora on February 19, 2013, 11:58:44 PMall they wanted a community where they can communicate and share information. i'm providing them with the very best and they Love me (with a capital L).

Shoot - in my community, if all the members loved me (or even if many did), I'd consider myself to be a complete and utter failure.

Kindred

and on that note from tzora, I think we'll just lock the topic now.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: