News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

{ACTIVATIONLINKWITHOUTCODE} in emails

Started by DukeN, March 05, 2010, 07:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeN

Hi,

Lets hope there is somekind of Jedi here that can solve this problem. I tried a lot of settings and tried to change some files but didn't had any luck yet.

I got a rather big forum and i just noticted that the registration emails aren't corrent. (Every mail with " {ACTIVATIONLINKWITHOUTCODE} " isn't good.

Example (dutch email):

Hallo Username,

Je hebt nog steeds je account op XXXX Forum niet geactiveerd.

Gebruik de link hieronder om je account nu te activeren:
http://www.xxxx.nl/forums/index.php?action=activate;u=66888;code=856754682e

Mocht je problemen ondervinden met de activatie, bezoek dan {ACTIVATIONLINKWITHOUTCODE} en vul daar de code "{ACTIVATIONCODE}" in.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Het XXXX.NL Forum team.

It looks like SMF doens't know the "{ACTIVATIONLINKWITHOUTCODE}" command.

When i check the emailtemplates.dutch.php (or english) the source looks fine:
subject' => 'Welkom op {FORUMNAME}',
'body' => 'Bedankt voor je registratie op {FORUMNAME}. Je gebruikersnaam is {USERNAME}. Mocht je je wachtwoord vergeten zijn, dan kun je het opnieuw instellen via {FORGOTPASSWORDLINK}.

Voordat je in kunt loggen, dien je eerst je account te activeren. Om dit te doen, klik je op deze link:

{ACTIVATIONLINK}

Mocht je problemen ondervinden met de activatie, bezoek dan {ACTIVATIONLINKWITHOUTCODE} en vul daar de code "{ACTIVATIONCODE}" in.

{REGARDS}',

Where is the Jedi that is able to help me?

Thanks!

edit: SMF 2.0 RC2

Oldiesmann

Sources/Register.php

Find
$replacements = array(
'REALNAME' => $row['real_name'],
'USERNAME' => $row['member_name'],
'ACTIVATIONLINK' => $scripturl . '?action=activate;u=' . $row['id_member'] . ';code=' . $row['validation_code'],
'FORGOTPASSWORDLINK' => $scripturl . '?action=reminder',
);

Replace
$replacements = array(
'ACTIVATIONLINK' => $scripturl . '?action=activate;u=' . $row['id_member'] . ';code=' . $row['validation_code'],
'ACTIVATIONLINKWITHOUTCODE' => $scripturl . '?action=activate;u=' . $row['id_member'],
'ACTIVATIONCODE' => $row['validation_code'],
);
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

DukeN

No luck there...

Already have it in register.php

$replacements = array(
'ACTIVATIONCODE' => $row['validation_code'],
);

Any other Idea?

hadesflames

but the one you have doesn't include:

'ACTIVATIONLINKWITHOUTCODE' => $scripturl . '?action=activate;u=' . $row['id_member'],

Brettflan

I had this happen with a new German user right after the RC3 update. The user said that the activation link itself did not work. However, testing it later myself I got the German version of the activation e-mail with everything formatted properly. So it looks like it effectively fixed itself.

Have you tried registering another account with German language selected to see if you get an e-mail formatted the same as that one?

Perhaps the user registered during the upgrade process, or right afterward with some old SMF cached files still not updated/cleaned out.

chilly

OP wrote that the variables are not replaced and he doesnt get the link / code at all.

a not working link sounds different. i already encountered the "not working link"-problem depending on the e-mail service the user uses.
gmx and web.de cause problems cause they replace the link to point somewhere on their side and after that they redirect. that redirection doesnt use the correct link what causes the link not to work.

But the code above already shows that the replacement for activationlink without code is completely missing. id say that looks like the source of the problem

Language Coordinator

Advertisement: