Vbulletin 3.8.3 to SMF 1.1.11 Errors/Questions

Started by moedecai, March 05, 2010, 11:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moedecai

Here is my dilemma. I no longer want to use my copy of vbulletin 3.8.3 and am trying to convert it to smf 1.1.11

First of all,

What converter should i download? I did not see a 3.8 version converter so i tried the vbulletin 3 converter.

I installed SMF directly to my homepage via fantastico because i plan on using tiny portal.
/home/shepher2/public_html

the vbulletin installation is currently at:
/home/shepher2/public_html/forums

So i go to settings.php to find my new SMF database password i input that password and recieve this error.
QuoteNotice: Undefined variable: dbname in /home/shepher2/public_html/smf/convert.php(407) : eval()'d code on line 1

Notice: Undefined variable: tableprefix in /home/shepher2/public_html/smf/convert.php(407) : eval()'d code on line 1
QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect database name ''

I then read somewhere that the vbulletin installation and the smf installation need to be in the same database?

Could someone please go through this step by step with me?

moedecai

ok well i added the smf user to the vbulletin database and it said the conversion worked with no errors, however when i go to my smf forum it says all the posts are there but there arent actually any boards. All of my forums were turned into categories and therefore you cannot see any forums/posts.

any way to fix this?

Oldiesmann

Try the vBulletin 3.7 converter (at the bottom of the page where you downloaded the other one) and see if that one works better.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: