News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Adk Portal

Started by lucas-ruroken, March 06, 2010, 06:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas-ruroken

Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

mladja037

lucas-ruroken

Admin -> Adkportal -> Blocks -> Settings Default Blocks

Design your universe!

mladja037

lucas-ruroken

Quote from: lucas-ruroken on February 16, 2011, 01:43:27 PM
Admin -> Adkportal -> Blocks -> Settings Default Blocks

-> Number of news per page..
Choose the Number of news per page for the block (News).

Design your universe!

lucas-ruroken

I though you mean total news....

You can not expand the news... because It shows everything.

Design your universe!

Karlsm

Hi there, just installed the portal this evening and looks great.

I'm having trouble creating a new custom block in HTML. It keeps on telling me the message body required after i add my info? Creating a new PhP block is fine with no errors.

I would like this custom block to be editable at my discretion (IE:every day) but can't seem to set it up?

Any help?

lucas-ruroken

Design your universe!

Karlsm

Hi Lucas, that did the trick, great stuff.

Thanks for the quick reply and keep up the great work with the portal. :)

Karl.

Karlsm

Another question Lucas. I can't seem to embed an image into my newly created block.

I have to enable WYSIWYG to view it on the screen where I create my text but it does not come out on the portal after I save?

lucas-ruroken

but... You can add an image with [img ]image[/ img]

I'll fix that error with WYSIWYG editor.

Design your universe!

Karlsm

Yes I know Lucas but it was not working for me using the img tags? Is there a max size to embed into a block? This block is in the 'centre' area.

Edit: Got this working eventually.

Deadairdave

Oo, loving the new-look shoutbox additions (smileys, bbc, etc)!! 

Only thing I would like to know if it is possible, can the size of the shoutbox be edited, or the number of displayed messages be reduced?

At present it shows 5 lines of messages.  I'd like to reduced that down to 2 or 3 messages, with the scroll bar at the side, should people want to be nosey and scroll down to read what has been posted.

Dave.

Deadairdave

Okie, I'm scratching my head at this one. 

How do you stop guests from viewing, or even downloading files from the downloads section??

I only want registered members to have the ability to access the downloads section/be able to download anything.  Is that possible?

Thanks.

^HeRaCLeS^

Quote from: Deadairdave on February 21, 2011, 07:29:01 PM
Okie, I'm scratching my head at this one. 

How do you stop guests from viewing, or even downloading files from the downloads section??

I only want registered members to have the ability to access the downloads section/be able to download anything.  Is that possible?

Thanks.

Yes, you have to configure permits the "extreme download system"
^HeRaCLeS^
*¤×• Ni te molestes en enviarme un Mp porque el soporte lo doy solo por el foro •×¤*

SMFPersonal

Deadairdave

I went to:

Adk Portal » E. Download System » Settings » Categories » Edit permissions.

From there, I select 'Guests' from the drop-down menu, un-tick the two boxes "View Category" and "Add download."

As soon as I click 'save' I get this error....

QuoteDuplicate entry '0' for key 1
File: /home/deadaird/public_html/TestSite/Sources/Adk-Downloads.php
Line: 2742

I can logout of the forums and view the downloads section as a Guest, as well as download the test file I have added.

This is what is displayed between lines 2729 and 2746 of Adk-Downloads.php

2729      $select = $smcFunc['db_query']('','
2731         SELECT a.id_member, a.title, m.id_member, m.real_name, m.member_name
2733         FROM {db_prefix}members AS m, {db_prefix}adk_down_file AS a
2735         WHERE a.id_member = m.id_member AND a.id_file = {int:file}',
2737         array(
2739            'file' => $id,
2741         )
2743      );

Any ideas??

**Problem solved** 

I found under the actual SMF cPanel settings:

members >> Permissions >> and then chose to 'modify' Guests, that there's a tick box for viewing downloads within ADK Portal.  I un-ticked it, saved; and logged out of the forums.  As a Guest, I couldn't see the d/loads section!!

Still don't know what that error code is though, still get it if I try to change the settings in 'Extreme Download System'.

Rain Forest

Hi Lucas,

I have a few questions.

At 'latest replies' and 'Top Posters' the avatars has no borders,, which 'Karma' and 'latest blogs' does have.
My forums: http://solar-xl.nl/forum/index.php

2nd: at main menu, can I set a little more space between the links (index, forum etc.) ? :)

3rd: Have u been able to fix the 'shoutbox by proxy' issue? :)

4th: At 'Top posters' the space between avatars and the usernames is huge.

Thanks!

Kreator

Posted in your site English Adk Portal Support:

Still no reply support over there is to say the least spasmodic ( someone said it was terrible! haha!)

Now using adk Portal (rc7)as We have Adk Blogs(1.0.3 but still shows 1.0.2)! so thought it reasonable to have both.

Now questions which dont appear anywhere and I`m anxious to find these out

1: images: where is adk collecting them from... on the portal it says random image  but where? The block does not give any details apart from "included" so how does one edit it?

2: Carrousel: What is it, how does it work, what is its purpose?

3: Extreme downloads: overtakes Smf Download system whether its activated or not , I must upload any files from my own computer, whereas it would be far better to upload via the server with a link to that file
Smf Download system had that ,but as your Extreme system has overtaken that, I am not able to see any previous downloads I had available on my site. ( Might it not be prudent to rename the Tab to " Ext- Dloads " or something like that?

4: Bulk news - Package uploaded ok but where is it??  nothing in News

5: What is " included" block am I missing something

Just some things to ponder and perhaps help me with thanks,

Oh site yeah... http://www.animanon.com/Forum3  sorry no guesting or casual visitors

Advertisement: