SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 3 is out!

Started by Aaron, March 08, 2010, 06:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgiwer

New version, new tests... Hope that the stable version will have a possibility to do multi forums with a shared database...  ;)
Michal D.
IT i Technika
Komitet Obrony Demokracji (KOD)
KOD woj. Dolnośląskie

MultiformeIngegno

Awesome!!! Italian translation is completed for RC3 (apart few lines in manual)!! ;)
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

青山 素子

Quote from: mcgiwer on March 09, 2010, 01:28:20 AM
New version, new tests... Hope that the stable version will have a possibility to do multi forums with a shared database...  ;)

If you want to run multiple installs from a single database, you have been able to do so for a long time, just change the table prefix. If you're thinking about sharing of some data, it's not going to be in 2.0 as it's feature locked.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

pingpongrob

What Thread do we use for support on the upgrade using the webinstall.php file. I'm having trouble upgrading
"The installer was unable to download the archive (http://mirror.ord.simplemachines.org/index.php/smf_2-0-rc3_upgrade.tar.gz) from the server. Please try using the regular installer package instead."

-=[Vyorel]=-

My mods for SMF - [6].

Boxerforum

allogarage

Thanks for this release, I will test it soon.

Angelotus

Great to hear about this new release! Great job guys!

Norv

Quote from: hadesflames on March 08, 2010, 11:38:05 PM
Quote from: catfished on March 08, 2010, 11:11:01 PM
Quote from: hadesflames on March 08, 2010, 11:01:53 PM
I wouldn't head that advice =P

Honestly, I'm not trying to be a smart *ss, but do you know more than the person updating the download page on this site?

Not suggesting anything of the sort, but seeing as it didn't work from RC1.2 to RC2, why would it work from RC1.2 to RC3? =]

Actually I think you *were* able to use the small update package from RC1.2 to RC2. And you *are* able to use now, the small update package currently for download, to update from RC2 to RC3.
You use it however, the same way as a large upgrade package: by replacing your files with the files in the package, and running the upgrade script. Simply there should be less files (only those who were modified compared to the former version, in theory).

None of them is the same with a patch to apply through package manager, if that is what you were referring to. Such patch does not exist for RC versions, and you can't update through package manager.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

tomicko

Hi,

I'm all but an expert so here are a few questions:

1. What is the procedure to upgrade from 1.1.11 to 2 rc3?
2. I use the simple portal 2.3.1 Is it working on RC3?
My site: mtb.slo-istra.net

EDIT: Maybe I was supposed to write this under 2.x support?!

Norv

@tomicko: please, as said in the first post, use the specialized support boards for these issues. It would allow your topic to be treated separately and dealt with appropriately. :)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Smartflight

I'm so glad!
Hopefully, I'll upgrade after around a month when the mods I use are flawlessly compatible with RC3!

And we're going to a full stable release after this, right?

Arantor

C4G-TK: There was an outcome? I missed that then. Oh wait... it's still on-going.

rjckE: Not until the mods are updated unless you're willing to do the work yourself. Note that the upgrade will remove your mods as they are now.

Norv

Quote from: Smartflight on March 09, 2010, 03:08:42 AM
I'm so glad!
Hopefully, I'll upgrade after around a month when the mods I use are flawlessly compatible with RC3!

And we're going to a full stable release after this, right?

Most likely. It may depend on the issues found in RC3, but I hope it won't be the case of another RC. :)

Nolt

Eleglin

No support by PM or Mail.

Pentaxian

Antes

N3RVE

Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

GrassrootsPA

Congrats team SMF! Look forward to this and what's to come!  :D
I'm Feeling This!

Advertisement: