News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 3 is out!

Started by Aaron, March 08, 2010, 06:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frmjin

hi......ur work is nice..................

Ashdaw

Thanks guys, this is looking better all the time :D
You are more than welcome to visit my site.
Greycastle

Nao 尚

Haven't got time to look into it... Is it true that session checks were removed from quick reply & quick edit? Wouldn't that be a security risk, maybe allowing hackers to edit other people's posts? I thought that was the original reason for these annoying session checks really...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

thai2011

อ่านไม่ออกทำไง

lgldsr73

Thank you for all of your hard work, it is greatly appreciated!   :) :) :) :) :)

Lyman

AndreT

Thanks a lot for continuing the development and releasing RC3 to the public.

gkeraoru

DoctorMalboro

petesky

Thanks for this release - it runs much smoother and faster than RC2 - thumbs up !

grafitus

Good jod SMF Team. Thanks for all...

rjckE

Quote from: Arantor on March 09, 2010, 03:10:59 AM
rjckE: Not until the mods are updated unless you're willing to do the work yourself. Note that the upgrade will remove your mods as they are now.

Okay, thanks!

I can't wait to test WYSIWYG in my forum :|

Great job SMF Team :D

gregy

congrats guys. Don't want to be rude or whatsoever, since i'm using original package no mods, i wonder when can we expect final 2.0? I don't want to make upgrades every month :) .. Is there a roadmap?

Thank you

tbk22

Congratz guys...

I hope this actually means something about the future

Waiting  for Gold   :)
=)

Norv

Quote from: gregy on March 09, 2010, 10:06:17 AM
congrats guys. Don't want to be rude or whatsoever, since i'm using original package no mods, i wonder when can we expect final 2.0? I don't want to make upgrades every month :) .. Is there a roadmap?

Thank you

You are not rude. :)
The thing is that SMF developer team uses a model of "release when ready" for their releases, meaning that there cannot really be promises made about timing. When they will consider the software is stable enough indeed for a Gold release, the final 2.0. package will be released.
That said, RC3 is quite stable for all I've seen for the time being, I hope we're getting there. :)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

haroldgtv

Embeding Youtube movies is not possible yet ??

Norv

haroldgtv: embedding media is not supposed to be a default feature, but it supported through mods. Please feel free to check out the mod site, for example, this mod.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Massl

Quote from: Norv on March 09, 2010, 11:09:02 AM
haroldgtv: embedding media is not supposed to be a default feature, but it supported through mods. Please feel free to check out the mod site, for example, this mod.

Or this simple but great mod  ;D
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=936

Arantor

Arantor

Quote from: Nao on March 09, 2010, 07:33:53 AM
Haven't got time to look into it... Is it true that session checks were removed from quick reply & quick edit? Wouldn't that be a security risk, maybe allowing hackers to edit other people's posts? I thought that was the original reason for these annoying session checks really...

Haven't checked quick edit, but quick reply definitely still has the session check in it (indeed it would be more work to actually remove it), given that it calls Post.php/Post2() which does a session check on the back of the form response from the main reply template too.

Advertisement: