News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 RC2 Public and Mambo 4.6 bridge 2.0beta1

Started by jelv, November 10, 2009, 05:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelv

Is the Mambo bridge ready for SMF 2.0 RC2 public?
jelv

Omega X

I wouldn't try it. I hear that SMF changed a lot between Beta 1, RC1 and RC2.

I'm sure he'll get around to releasing a new version eventually.

Kill Em All

You can always try it, just please make sure to have back ups of everything and such, but I doubt it will work.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Orstio

Unless some changes were made to the integration hooks, there should be no problems.

jelv

Has anyone got the bridge working with RC2 Public? I've set the SMF theme to Curve as the default and I'm finding that both wrapped and unwrapped the bridge is not linking in the style sheets.
jelv

jelv

Making progress!

In addition to the other changes posted on this board to do with making $configuration global the folllowing at least gets the forums to display!

components/com_smf/smf.php
Around line 368 replace
$mainframe->addCustomHeadTag( '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'. $settings['theme_url']. '/style.css?fin11" />' );
with
$mainframe->addCustomHeadTag( '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'. $settings['theme_url']. '/css/index.css?fin11" />' );
jelv

marinesct

I downgraded back to SMF 2.0 RC1.2 so that I could at least see my SMF theme in the bridge.  With RC2, I could only see a page that loaded without it's css.  I'm having better luck now that I went back to RC1.2.

Omega X

I'm still patiently waiting for an updated bridge.

greyknight17

I'm not familiar with the Mambo bridge, but it looks like another user using SMF 2.0 RC2 got it working here. The user mentions some other things that were done which you may want to try out if you haven't done so already to see if it helps.

Advertisement: