Simple Portal is No More Supported In RC3!!??!!

Started by techinspiration, March 11, 2010, 09:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirahalo

Quote from: hadesflames on March 11, 2010, 11:00:52 PM
You should pick up a tut on basic MySQL ;)

Once you learn the basics, it starts to kind of come to you as you start to see it more often.

I know  basics ;)  its RC2 and RC3 what drives me crazy!   have some problems with SMF 2.0 Database Functions :(  but I'm slowly learning :D

hadesflames

the $smcFunc doc gives a decent enough explanation, with example. Apart from that, just study some code. I'm sure SP uses $smcFunc quite enough, just take a look at them to see what they're doing, and you'll get the hang of it ;)

mirahalo

thanks!  yes I actually lurk  some SP blocks to learn more from it :D

Norv

Quote from: Kill Em All on March 11, 2010, 10:06:49 PM
you should see some files such as install, install2, modification(sometimes). It varies, I'm not a dev, so don't ask me why it varies.
Quote from: Kill Em All on May 27, 1970, 03:06:49 PM
Note, in the case of there being a install, install2, I think in most cases they are the same, but I still repeat the process for both of them as I'm not sure what the second one is for, maybe someone wants to test that in the future...

What happens is that the mod is fully documented in package-info.xml (the files it really needs and for what versions of SMF). It simply says there what file(s) should be parsed for mod's installation (respectively uninstallation or upgrade) on SMF 2.0 RC2, for example, and which for SMF 1.1.x. For the first, the file with installation instructions might be named install2.x.xml, for the other it might be install1.x.xml. The names are simply what the modders chose to name their files as, they don't necessarily mean anything (it's good to name your file after its purpose, but you might or not do it).

Simply, if you want to install on a particular version, like SMF 2.0 RC3, you probably want to check in package-info.xml what versions has the mod installation files for, and choose something like RC2, most likely, or some version expression that includes RC3 (for example, "2.0 - 2.0.99"), that file (or those files) pointed out for it are those you're interested in since they, and only they, are used for the installation on RC3.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: