News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Quick Reply Permission

Started by vbgamer45, March 11, 2010, 10:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Link to Mod

Quick Reply Permission

Original Author: Arantor
SMF Version: 2.0.x
Mod Version: 1.2

Description:
This mod adds a permission to the permission page (in Membergroups, not Boards) for a membergroup to be able to use quick reply.

ChangeLog:
V 1.2
- Fixes bug in Finnish Language
- Updated for 2.0.3

V1.1
- Updated Mod for 2.0
+ Adds Finnish language

Why Not Visit:
http://www.smfhacks.com
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Bugo

Hi there! Please add these files to your mod => russian translation :)

grafitus

It was a necessary modification. Congratulations!

Turkish translate:
Code (./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.turkish.php) Select
$txt['permissionname_can_quick_reply'] = 'Hızlı Yanıt\'ı kullanabilir';
$txt['permissionhelp_can_quick_reply'] = 'Bu izin aktifleştirilirse kullanıcı Yanıtla sayfasına gitmeden, hızlıca konuları yanıtlayabilir.';
$txt['permissiongroup_qr'] = 'Hızlı Yanıt';
$txt['permissiongroup_simple_can_qr'] = 'Kullanıcılar Hızlı Yanıt\'ı kullanabilirler';

Arantor

I'll see about adding it but no guarantees as to when.

Arantor

It's a useful little mod for some forums and in the course of writing it I learnt something I'd later use in SimpleDesk's development so everyone wins ;)

luismanson

Arantor, do you mind if i use your sources for a mod just a bit different?

Arantor

Go for it. Just don't expect me to support the other mod :P

luismanson

Quote from: Arantor on April 28, 2010, 08:23:57 PM
Go for it. Just don't expect me to support the other mod :P

dont give me ideas! :P

thanks!!!

Deaks

Ok I have taken over this mod and it has been updated for 2.0.2 also added is support for Finnish Language
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

elforoof

i tried to install it but it says,, The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.
im trying to have this option on all memmers

Arantor

Um, I don't think this does what you want it to do.

What *exactly* are you trying to do? SMF offers quick reply as an option to all users out of the box. This is for making it limited only to certain people.

elforoof

Im trying to make all memers have the Quick Reply Box. like this forum. i installed it but every member has to go into their profile to enable it

Arantor

-sigh-

1. Uninstall this mod. As suspected it is NOT what you want. This mod is about DISABLING IT. As I already pointed out.

2. Admin > Configuration > Themes and Layout > Member Options > for your theme > Select options for guests and new members > show quick reply > show, on by default

3. Admin > Configuration > Themes and Layout > Member Options > for your theme > Select options for existing members > for 'show quick reply' select the change option and select 'show on by default' as the new option.

elforoof

I dont seee members options

Arantor

I made the mistake of assuming you were using 2.0 since this is a 2.0 only mod...

Go to Reset Options from that screen. Might show you what 2.0 calls Member Options.

elforoof

elforoof

i Reset the options, but nothing happened, everybody has to go into their profile to enable it.

Arantor

So you reset the default guest options. Did you also go into "Reset all members' current options for this theme"?

You have to do it for every theme you are using.

elforoof

Great. Got it, Thanks for your help. its working perfectly.
Thank you again

Advertisement: