News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ignore option on SMF 2.0 RC3

Started by dilaca, March 11, 2010, 07:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dilaca

I did a search here recently but can't find the info again.  It was in regard to the ignore option.  I read that it allows ignoring posts by selected people by collapsing them from view if they've been added to your ignore list.  Not sure if it was in regard to a Mod or to the standard function though.

Can someone please explain the ignore function's use to me please?  Members of my site have been requesting to be able to ignore annoying posters for years, but there's only been the option to ignore PMs.

When we started the test SMF 2.0 RC3 forum I'm sure I saw buttons with red circles on them saying ignore but I can't find them now.  Perhaps I've de-deselected an option?

I'd appreciate any info and help in regard to the ignore option.

Thank you. :)

Ashley S

Maybe you have deselected it, If not go to your profile

1. - Go to your profile.
2. - You will see an option of the left hand side saying - Buddies/Ignore List.
3. - Click Edit Ignore List.

Click that then enter the person you want to ignore.

booch_21

Partially correct, if you use sidebar menus.  If you use dropdown menus, like most are setup for as default, then use this path, after selecting Profile:

dilaca

Thanks for the replies.  I mightn't have explained myself clearly sorry.

I joined our test forum as a regular user (no mod privileges) and I added a different regular user to my ignore list.  I can still see a thread and a post that were done by the person I put on ignore.

Any suggestions why the person on ignore's posts are still visible to me rather than compacted?  It is supposed to ignore posts as well as PMs isn't it?

Arantor

Profile > Look and Layout Preferences > Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list.

dilaca

Thanks Arantor.  I just went to check Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list but it was already checked and the ignored users posts still show.

Arantor

Does that happen on the default theme? Is Javascript enabled?

dilaca

Thanks Arantor.  It was a theme problem and has been sorted out now.

We have another related problem we're trying to sort out though if anyone can help.

A user was added to ignore list.

Set profile - personal message preferences to only receive pms from All users except those on ignore list.

Sent message from ignored user to myself as a test... message appears to get sent – no 'warning' that recipient is ignoring.

Message doesn't actually get sent.

Should the sender receive some kind of notification that their messages are being ignored so they don't assume the message was sent?  Normal posts are indicated as being ignored.

This happens both with our custom theme and with the smf default theme.

Thanks. :)

Arantor

There definitely should be a warning. That's quite odd... hmmm... any mods?

dilaca

The only mod added is StarsAndBadges2.1 – added manually.

dsanchez

I have a member in my ignore list but I still get private messages from this person?!

dsanchez

Quote from: dsanchez on September 02, 2010, 01:33:00 PM
I have a member in my ignore list but I still get private messages from this person?!

Anyone?

CapadY

Quote from: dsanchez on September 06, 2010, 06:56:40 AM
Quote from: dsanchez on September 02, 2010, 01:33:00 PM

Anyone?

Take a look at the bugtracker.

Should be solved with the next version.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: