Tapatalk forum plugin, an iPhone/Android/Blackberry app to browse your forum!

Started by Dragooon, March 12, 2010, 02:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragooon

Tapatalk website

What is Tapatalk?
Tapatalk is an app on iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Nokia which enables easy and native browsing of a forum with the plugin installed. Currently the stable release of the plugin is available for vBulletin and phpBB.

Only phpBB and vBulletin? Then what about SMF?
I wouldn't be posting this here now would I if there was nothing for SMF? I have made the plugin for SMF, it can obtained in the forum owners area(See below). Currently it is in beta stage and it works with both SMF 1.1 and SMF 2.0. It provides full integration with Tapatalk with no missing features!

OK, What can it do?
Tapatalk enables easy browsing of a forum by giving a easy and structured layout of forums. You can not only read the forums and topics, but also reply to them and create new ones. Apart from the standard topics/posts, it has support for PM viewing and replying. You can also view your subscribed topics, latest posts of the forum, who's online, others profiles. All that in a seamless integrated user interface with the phone.

How much does it cost?
Currently the Blackberry and Nokia versions are in beta, iPhone and Android have 2 versions. One is free but it has read-only features, the full version with write features costs 3$. The plugins for forums are free of cost.

Where can I get it?
iPhone Lite version
iPhone full version
Android versions can be obtained at Android market.

I am a forum owner and I am interested, what shall I do?
Enabling Tapatalk is simple and easy! Just follow the steps at : http://tapatalk.com/en/plugin and it will guide you through.

How about some screenshots?
Sure,

Tapatalk for iPhone:
Showing New and Unread Posts:

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:

See Who's Online:

Reply to Post and Image Upload:

Some of the large forums activated Tapatalk support

Tapatalk for Android

Total Android Look and Feel

Same feature set as iPhone:

Quickly Reply to a conversation:

Latest and Unread Posts indicator and multi-tabs support:

Full screen image support - support landscape mode also

[SIZE="4"]Taptalk for Nokia[/SIZE]

~DS~

Nice, plugin installed however there is one problem when Verify Installation Status I get this:
Not Installed: Server Error
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Dragooon

Quote from: Brack1 on March 12, 2010, 02:41:36 AM
Is the ipod touch also supported?
Yes

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on March 12, 2010, 03:02:55 AM
Nice, plugin installed however there is one problem when Verify Installation Status I get this:
Did you install the SMF mod?

~DS~

Quote from: Dragooon on March 12, 2010, 03:09:55 AM
Quote from: Brack1 on March 12, 2010, 02:41:36 AM
Is the ipod touch also supported?
Yes

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on March 12, 2010, 03:02:55 AM
Did you install the SMF mod?
Yes, the one I download from the Tapatalk site.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Dragooon

~DS~

~DS~

menoch

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on March 12, 2010, 03:18:37 AM
Quote from: Dragooon on March 12, 2010, 03:17:34 AM
Can I have a link to your site?

I tried either one. Unless it won't work on SMF 2.0 RC3?

http://thetwoworldsforum.com [nofollow]
http://dev.nathan-source.com [nofollow]
You just have to unzip it and upload the files into a subdirectory on your message board, it is not a package.

~DS~

That's not what the instruction said.

QuoteSMF - Installation

Download the zip package to your computer.
Login to your forum Admin area
Go to "Packages" and choose "Download Packages"
Scroll to the bottom "Upload a Package" section
Upload the package you just downloaded from this site
Choose "Install MOD"
Choose "Install Now"
Continue to next step
Useless, does not work. No wonder it had bad reviews from the App Store.

smartdeviceresource

Tapatalk could you convert it to WebOS too you can use PDK (http://developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1936) to do it :)

This would be awesome for my Website as what we support is Android/Blackberry/WebOS/PalmOS/WinMO

I also joined and commented at Tapatalk.  I will most likely be Adding this once the RC3 kinks are worked out by Dismal Shadow  :o

after some thought, i've learned to be humble and leave the answering to the experts, until i too am an expert.  sorry to anyone who I've confused, with my answers

kizer

Installed on http://www.links4jeeps.com/forum/

When I installed the package it created a subfolder called mobiqou with some files in it. I haven't published my site to the directory as of yet simply because its now working. Do I need to activate it in the Admin panel or am I missing something. ;)

It doesn't validate on the site when I click the validate button. It says "Not Installed: Server Error
"
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

kizer

You have to make sure your mobiqou and all files below it are with the permissions of "755"

I found it tinkering around on their website. I hope it helps somebody else that might be lost. ;)

I did notice one thing why is it requiring everybody to login when they visit any area of my website? I don't require logins to look at things.

Ok, now I'm logged in, but I"m getting "unkown error code is1"

I guess I should also mention that the errors I'm getting are from an Android phone.
If you want to test it out do a search for "Jeeps" and click on Links4jeeps.com and let me know if there are any errors or oddities unless its just my phone.

Dragooon

Quote from: menoch on March 12, 2010, 05:53:53 PM

http://thetwoworldsforum.com
http://dev.nathan-source.com
You just have to unzip it and upload the files into a subdirectory on your message board, it is not a package.
It is a package now.

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on March 12, 2010, 05:56:30 PM

QuoteSMF - Installation

Choose "Install MOD"
Choose "Install Now"
Continue to next step
Can you try chmodding the mobiquo folder to 755/777? The script might be getting stopped from executing in that case...

Quote from: kizer on March 12, 2010, 07:21:41 PM
You have to make sure your mobiqou and all files below it are with the permissions of "755"

I found it tinkering around on their website. I hope it helps somebody else that might be lost. ;)

I did notice one thing why is it requiring everybody to login when they visit any area of my website? I don't require logins to look at things.

Ok, now I'm logged in, but I"m getting "unkown error code is1"

I guess I should also mention that the errors I'm getting are from an Android phone.
If you want to test it out do a search for "Jeeps" and click on Links4jeeps.com and let me know if there are any errors or oddities unless its just my phone.
I can browse your forum via iTouch, it might be an Android problem?

EDIT : You might want to add this at the end of Subs-Mobiquo.php, it fixes a fatal issue with PHP 4.

if (!function_exists("htmlspecialchars_decode")) {
    function htmlspecialchars_decode($string, $quote_style = ENT_COMPAT) {
        return strtr($string, array_flip(get_html_translation_table(HTML_SPECIALCHARS, $quote_style)));
    }
}

kizer

Dragoon

Thanks for the news. If it doesn't work in Android I'm at least glad it works on the iPhone.

I just tried a few other sites and I don't have the initial issues I do with my SMF site, but eventually I get the login request and the error code. So I'm either guessing my app on my phone is wacked or every forum out there is. ;) hahahaha

kizer

I didn't catch your edit when I did my last reply. I gave it a shot and it seems to fix the problem I was having. Thank you.

~DS~

Quote from: Dragooon on March 13, 2010, 12:52:37 AM

http://thetwoworldsforum.com
http://dev.nathan-source.com
It is a package now.

QuoteSMF - Installation

Choose "Install MOD"
Choose "Install Now"
Continue to next step
Can you try chmodding the mobiquo folder to 755/777? The script might be getting stopped from executing in that case...

Still the same, nothing, nada.

copex

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on March 13, 2010, 06:42:05 AM
Quote from: Dragooon on March 13, 2010, 12:52:37 AM

http://thetwoworldsforum.com [nofollow]
http://dev.nathan-source.com [nofollow]
It is a package now.

QuoteSMF - Installation

Choose "Install MOD"
Choose "Install Now"
Continue to next step

Still the same, nothing, nada.

i had the same problem on my forum, CHMOD 755 mobiquo.php fixed the problem. i found that if you browse to {forum name} /mobiquo/mobiquo.php it returned a permission error after chmoding the file it now redirects you to the forum index.

SMF v2.0 RC3
Tapatalk SMF Plugin      0.9.3
itn.chipfusion.co.uk

kizer

Keep in mind you get a file error if you access the file directly. However it does verify from the TapaTalk website

Advertisement: