Tapatalk forum plugin, an iPhone/Android/Blackberry app to browse your forum!

Started by Dragooon, March 12, 2010, 02:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Ok this all works now if you chmodding  mobiquo.php to 755 and it should work. And now for my announcement...
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

~DS~

QuoteIt provides full integration with Tapatalk with no missing features!
Oh really? We can't moderate or administrate the forum or access the ACP.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Dragooon

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on March 13, 2010, 01:20:02 PM
By that I meant no missing feature of tapatalk.

~DS~

Quote from: Dragooon on March 13, 2010, 02:57:23 PM
So this app is useless for Admins and moderators then? As well as the Curve Mobile. The only way to access ACP is to use full version of the desktop.

Oldiesmann

When I go to the application in Nokia's OVI Store, I get a message telling me it's not available for my phone (the Nokia E71). Any plans to fix this? I'd love to test it out, but if it's not compatible with my phone, I can't.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

kizer

Its meant as a slick little extra addition to your site. I know for a fact I have at least 5 or so people that own Iphones on my site. 2 of them thought it was a nice addition the others said well who cares. ;)

Now I'm in network and I know for a fact Ive gotten some extra visits because already today I had a new member join and thank me for adding this because he didn't know about my site until if found it in the TapaTalk network.

Personally I might play around with it some on my Android phone, but more than likely I'll continue to use my WAP2 version for checking in now and then.

I'll leave it on my site since it doesn't require much and its just another avenue to catch new members. ;)
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

Dragooon

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on March 13, 2010, 03:01:06 PM
Quote from: Dragooon on March 13, 2010, 02:57:23 PM
So this app is useless for Admins and moderators then? As well as the Curve Mobile. The only way to access ACP is to use full version of the desktop.
It is not designed to be a full replacement of the desktop equivalents. And so is Curve Mobile, I never intended it to be a desktop replacement.

~DS~

robbie93

I cant seem to be able to post using this app, I get this message -  Your account may have pending actions that require a standard web browser to perform. Otherwise please contact your forum administrator if this problem persists.

Dragooon

~DS~

Why is the plugin removed from the site for almost a week?

This does not work with multiple forum mod as it does not touch the index.php.

Tapatalk

Thanks Dragooon to keep updating the MOD.. We have just released another update, we are very close to official 1.0 release.

Currently it works well on 1.1.11+ or 2.0 RC3 or higher. We have seen a lot of SMF forum activated Tapatalk support lately.  The only pending issues we aware of is the inability to edit your own post. Otherwise if you find any issue please let us know and we will happy to fix them.

Thanks!

Mr. Jinx

I'm testing this mod also. It works great and very easy to install.

However, I don't like the idea that my users need to pay for an app, just to post to my forum.
It would make more sense if you let the site admin pay a one-time fee for using the plugin, and let users download the app for free.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

What do you call the app on Android? (I use T-Mobile Pulse)

I see only one app by tapatalk in android 1.5 which is not this one for sure.

ormuz

Bugs:

- Doesn't support non-english characters.
- when the user log on android in doesn't redirects to the app download...

Tapatalk

Quote from: ormuz on March 28, 2010, 06:03:31 PM
Bugs:

- Doesn't support non-english characters.
- when the user log on android in doesn't redirects to the app download...

Thanks for bringing this up. For the first issue we have added into our TO-DO list and will be fixed soon.

Now for the second issue, can you please elaborate? Do you mean it doesn't redirect you to the Android market from the web browser?

Hoodie

I have a portal..  Is there a problem with that because my boards/posts won't show up when using the app..

Name of site: Auto Junkiez

Webrunner

I tried to install and that worked fine, no errors were generated.
But when i tried to verify the forum i got the "Server error 1"  message.

I have altered all permissions of the dir and the files to 755 and 777 and that didn't work.
I now deïnstalled the mod (i don't want non-working mods installed on my forum) but i can apply it if that is needed.

Any suggestions?
There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

=========================================
Vrouwen Power! | Sprintweb: No nonsense e-Business consultancy

tfs

It installed and worked initially on my test forum.  Then it stopped working and I get "Not Installed: Server Error(1)" when trying to re-verify installation.  Have uninstalled, reinstalled, chmodded the mobiquo folder and the files within to 755 and 777.  No luck.

From the iPhone it says the forum is temporarily closed.

SMF 2.0 RC3, Curve.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Advertisement: