News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Tapatalk forum plugin, an iPhone/Android/Blackberry app to browse your forum!

Started by Dragooon, March 12, 2010, 02:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Quote from: tfs on April 22, 2010, 10:11:08 PM
It installed and worked initially on my test forum.  Then it stopped working and I get "Not Installed: Server Error(1)" when trying to re-verify installation.  Have uninstalled, reinstalled, chmodded the mobiquo folder and the files within to 755 and 777.  No luck.

From the iPhone it says the forum is temporarily closed.

SMF 2.0 RC3, Curve.
Did you mobiquo.php set 644 to 755,
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

tfs

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 22, 2010, 10:25:39 PM
Did you mobiquo.php set 644 to 755,

I'm not quite sure the exact meaning of your message.  I have chmodded the mobiquo folder and all of the files within to 755 and 777.  Still nothing.

It was actually working fine, and then I went into my forum and temporarily put it in maintenance mode to update SimpleDesk.  Ever since then it's been broken.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Dragooon

Can I have a name for your forum? So that I can look it up at the network. Also tell me the URL.

tfs

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

tfs

Dragooon

Tapatalk

We have just released another round of update of the SMF plugin to address few issues. Let me know if you still have problem with it.

File permission is still a problem where you need to manually chmod the files and directories to get it to work in some cases.

Dragooon

Please note that on some servers it can also be an ownership issue, if nothing works try changing the owner of mobiquo folder and its files to the one of index.php in SMF's root folder.

robbie93

Dragoon,  I still cant see a tab to reply to a post using this app, the only way I can post is to quote the last person, am I missing something?  :o

tfs

Quote from: robbie93 on April 28, 2010, 12:00:53 PM
Dragoon,  I still cant see a tab to reply to a post using this app, the only way I can post is to quote the last person, am I missing something?  :o

It appears to still be the only way to reply.  I'm also having trouble getting select all to work when I reply and I want to delete the existing quote.

But Dragooon, just letting you know I did finally buy the iPhone app and so far so good.

~DS~

You mean quoting to a person? You can only with a Pro version of the app.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

robbie93

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 29, 2010, 07:08:49 PM

No, I mean you can only "post" when logged in if you quote the last person as there is no option to reply or post, I have the Pro version, tfs is having the same issues, here...

Quote from: tfs on April 29, 2010, 06:52:20 PM

It appears to still be the only way to reply.  I'm also having trouble getting select all to work when I reply and I want to delete the existing quote.

But Dragooon, just letting you know I did finally buy the iPhone app and so far so good.

~DS~

robbie93

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 29, 2010, 08:24:57 PM
You mean this?

Dismal Shadow.. I must be blind :) thank you, it works, http://robbie93andhotchildxox.net/index.php?topic=701.msg1773#msg1773 I'm all embarrassed now haha, thanks again, I wasn't touching the top right upper tab :) sorry for my mistake guys....

~DS~

Tapatalk

Quote from: robbie93 on April 29, 2010, 08:09:19 PM
Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 29, 2010, 07:08:49 PM

No, I mean you can only "post" when logged in if you quote the last person as there is no option to reply or post, I have the Pro version, tfs is having the same issues, here...

Quote from: tfs on April 29, 2010, 06:52:20 PM

If you are talking about the Android version of Tapatalk Pro, you can long-pressing (holding) the post you want to QUOTE and a list of action will popup available for you to select, including ability to QUOTE a post.

Ben_S

You guys could do with rewriting the queries, whilst it might be suitable for small forums it's absolutely dire on large forums, queries that take in excess of 2 minutes to run locking tables show a complete lack of attention, especially given, for the most part, you could have adapted the standard SMF ones which actually make use of the indexes.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

KensonPlays

Robin1989

hey it works. it would be cool though if an admin could turn off certain boards for the tapatalk as i use board for redirects and advert banners which dont really work on tapatalk

Tapatalk

Quote from: Ben_S on May 23, 2010, 12:35:32 PM
You guys could do with rewriting the queries, whilst it might be suitable for small forums it's absolutely dire on large forums, queries that take in excess of 2 minutes to run locking tables show a complete lack of attention, especially given, for the most part, you could have adapted the standard SMF ones which actually make use of the indexes.

Yes we can, absolutely. Do you have any suggestion how we can optimize this? And where is the current weak-point? Ideally if you can open an issue at http://tapatalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13 it would be also much appreciated.

Advertisement: