News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Awaiting Activation

Started by ~DS~, March 13, 2010, 10:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Today I went to the members in the ACP and noticed that there are few awaiting activation. Why didn't it notify me or send me a email? Why is there no notification show up under "Show new replies to your posts? I remember having them show up.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Chas Large

Is your mail system working? Check by sending yourself a newsletter.

Have you checked your mail queue? it may have been held up at the server?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

~DS~

Quote from: Chas Large on March 13, 2010, 02:04:42 PM
Is your mail system working? Check by sending yourself a newsletter.

Have you checked your mail queue? it may have been held up at the server?
It worked fine.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Senkusha

I know the system emails you when a new member registers, but it doesn't specifically mention they are waiting for approval.
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

~DS~

There should be at least any kind of notification for awaiting activation. Imagine you haven't logged in for some time only to find there's 50 members awaiting activation.

Chas Large

I use Administrator Approval for members and I get a mail when someone has joined, then I have to approve them. I then get a mail when they complete the activation. So I can't say what should happen with just Member Activation set rather than Admin Approval, sorry.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: