News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[4275]Search not showing up 2nd page

Started by flapjack, March 15, 2010, 08:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flapjack

SMF2.0RC3 9736(simplemachines.org)

I was just looking for any info on "Bad Behavior" plugin here, so I put the name in the search up top and clicked the button.
now: there's 4 pages of results, but for some reason I am only able to browse the first one, 2nd-3rd-4th are not showing up

I guess it's because some boards/threads are unavailable for my group, but shouldn't they be excluded from the results? or maybe I'm wrong and there's another explanation

Arantor

The input is bad behavior, but when it comes back to be able to do a second search, it's now listed as bad+behavior, so what was a space is erroneously url_encode()'d.

butchs

I am not sure if this is what you mean but we are currently have a public beta in testing of the Bad Behavior anti-spam "plugin" or mod as we call it at SMF Helper.

After two weeks of work, I just finished getting it up and limping this week.  I hope???  It is not ready to submittal to SMF so it is being tested there.
::)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

flapjack

I contacted the autor of the BB script and was told that the SMF plugin was already submitted and is in SMF's waiting room :)
andd your resolution seems to be 2.0 specified, when I'm still with 1.1.11

Arantor

Quote from: butchs on March 17, 2010, 08:44:02 AM
I am not sure if this is what you mean but we are currently have a public beta in testing of the Bad Behavior anti-spam "plugin" or mod as we call it at SMF Helper.

After two weeks of work, I just finished getting it up and limping this week.  I hope???  It is not ready to submittal to SMF so it is being tested there.
::)

?? We're discussing a bug here of SMF, not related to Bad Behavior mod...

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Arantor

I would like to confirm this is present in RC3 public and here still even in r9824.

AncientDragonfly

This is not happening on my test RC3 forum using a Core-based custom theme, or here when using the Core theme, so it must be something related to the Curve theme.

Arantor

Actually using Core here doesn't solve the problem, the pagination links are still broken.

AncientDragonfly

Arantor

Didn't work for me when I tried it earlier here.

AncientDragonfly

Maybe it's an on and off thing?  Intermittent, I mean.

hadesflames

It depends on the search params for me...

Arantor

It's whether they have a space in or not. Without spaces works fine because the space isn't erroneously re-encoded as a +.

Heck it'd even work fine in Curve without a space.

Arantor

* Arantor sighs. I thought we already established that...

AncientDragonfly

I get something different with 2 search terms (attachment one).

If I take time to make a screen shot, then hit the back button to go back to the original search, I can go to page 2 (attachment 2).

And if I just wait more than the 5 seconds, I can go to page 2.

Arantor

You're just special. It doesn't work when I try that.

Advertisement: