RC3: "Undefined index" after update

Started by Мel, March 24, 2010, 05:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Мel

Hi everybody. After updating RC2 to RC3, I've got a lot of errors with "Undefined index".

• 8: Undefined index: list_ordered
  • 8: Undefined index: list_unordered
  • 8: Undefined index: manual_profile_summary_active
  • 8: Undefined index: manual_profile_summary_time
  • 8: Undefined index: manual_profile_summary_registered
  • 8: Undefined index: manual_profile_summary_age
  • E.t.c.
Active mods: Aeva Media, Tidy Child Boards, Users Online Today. But I tried to switch 'em off - no changes, just errors.
Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanx anyway.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Chas Large

Undefined indexes are usually where a part of the program cannot find the reference to a text item in the language files. Most mods install into the index.english.php file the text referred to so it could be that the mods you have installed have either not been reinstalled into any other language files.

Search for the index referred to in the index.english.php and copy that to any other language files you have like index.language.php

Check the manual installation instructions for the mods to see which mod has those references. I suspect it may be the users online today mod.

Assuming you reinstalled the mods as upgrading from RC2 to RC3 will not necessarily reinstall the mods. Check that you used an RC3 compatible mod or if you used the emulator for RC2, then again, the indexes may not have been installed correctly.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Мel

Thank you. I see now that localization has not been updated and local language files are RC2.
I will try updating the whole language pack then.
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Мel

Well, I've updated language files and all the other files, which are causing mistakes. And guess what? I'm still getting 'em...

8: Undefined index: credits_groups_ps
File: /home/***/forum/Sources/Who.php
Line: 560

8: Undefined index: list_ordered
File: /home/***/forum/Sources/Subs-Editor.php
Line: 1688

8: Undefined index: manual_profile_groups_requestable_desc
File: /home/***/forum/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php (manual_modify_profile_groups sub template - eval?)
Line: 1353

E.t.c.
Don't know what to do :(
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Kays

Hi, those errors do seem to be coming from a mod.

Can you take a look in some of the files where the error is occurring and see f there's an indication of which mod it could be. Some mod authors leave comments where the code is altered.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Мel

Oh yeah, I've cleaned up old 'not installed' mods and now it seems to be working fine *crossed fingers*
Thanx :)
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Мel

- Qui-Gon Jinn

Rygar1972

I have the same Error ,
and i have no Mods installed  :(

Chas Large

Quote from: Rygar1972 on April 12, 2010, 01:05:32 AM
I have the same Error ,
and i have no Mods installed  :(
This topic is solved and therefore won't get looked at unless reopened by the OP. Please start your own topic.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: