News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

how to increase recent post list?

Started by ArkServer, July 21, 2008, 03:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkServer

Hi, does anyone know how to increase the recent post list?
http://www.engineeringserver.com/forum/recent.html

it shows only 10 posts but i want to it change it to 25. Thanks

redone

Current Theme>Number of recent posts to display on board index: change this value from 10

ArkServer

Quote from: RedOne on July 22, 2008, 08:53:01 AM
Current Theme>Number of recent posts to display on board index: change this value from 10

I don't want to change the recent blogposts on the index but on the recent page instead.

redone

This is more of a coding discussion than general support and I took a look at your site and obviously you made some changes to the default version of SMF.

The thread below shows you how to increase the posts displayed using SSI

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=226053.0

Bulakbol

Try this. Sources/Recent.php, look for
Quote$context['page_index'] = constructPageIndex($scripturl . '?action=recent', $_REQUEST['start'], min(100, $modSettings['totalMessages']), 10, false);
and
QuoteLIMIT $_REQUEST[start], 10", __FILE__, __LINE__);

Change the 10 with 25. It might work. :)
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

ArkServer

Quote from: JohnyB on July 24, 2008, 12:45:18 AM
Try this. Sources/Recent.php, look for
Quote$context['page_index'] = constructPageIndex($scripturl . '?action=recent', $_REQUEST['start'], min(100, $modSettings['totalMessages']), 10, false);
and
QuoteLIMIT $_REQUEST[start], 10", __FILE__, __LINE__);

Change the 10 with 25. It might work. :)
Thanks, exactly what i was looking for  8) 8) 8)

Dave En Velo

This old post about changing the number of recent posts to display on board index, from 10, is exactly what I want to do. 

The fix shown to Sources/Recent.php suggests two coding changes.  Unfortunately these changes are for a version of SMF prior to 2.0.15 (my version).  The good news is that the first change still seems to be valid but the second is no longer there.  Can anyone tell me what the current second change is, or whether is is needed anymore?  Thanks

Arantor

On the board index, it's a configurable setting in the theme area where you set how many you want.

Dave En Velo

Thanks for the prompt response.  I have struggled to find the configurable setting you describe.  The nearest thing that fits is under Theme Settings,  Number of recent posts to display on board index:

I apologise but I think that my poor problem description of the original post has mislead you.  What I am trying to achieve is that when I click View the most recent posts on the forum on the board index I can see the messages 25/page and not 10/page (10 seems a hard coded default).

Of course I may have misunderstood completely and would be grateful for any guidance.

Illori

please open your own topic for your issue in the correct board. this users issue has been resolved and is a different version then what you are using today.

Irisado

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: