News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Please help

Started by perfects, March 20, 2010, 10:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perfects

Hi you guys, you helped me out with this post
SMF 2.x Support / Re: How to create a Semi-Newbie
« on: March 10, 2010, 05:26:52 PM »

And everything worked until I decided to open the board up for one day, all I did was I changed the post count needed t 0 so everyone could visit the board for a day, I then changed the post count back to what it was, but I see people with 0 posts still access it,  what do I do to fix this, I work hard on providing them the info and they could at least post something somewhere :'(

perfects

i forgot to hit the notify me button :o  I honestly need help with this issue ???

sAce

I dont quite get you, please explain exactly what are you trying to do ?

perfects

1.  I have a board which you could access after making 10 posts.
2.  I decided to give people a behind the scenes look, and changed the 10 to a 0 for a day
3.  I changed the 0 back to 10
4. but the people with 0 posts as still accessing the board which is post count based

I need to stop the people who have 0 posts to access this board.

sAce

Did you give permission to regular group to access this board as well ?

perfects

No There is no check mark at the regular group

sAce

strange , can you access the board as a guest ?

perfects

here is what I see and did

sAce

this is very  odd,

go to maintainace > reports > board permissions

perfects

I have never run a maintenance on the forum, maybe that would take care of it, I don't want to complain before I have tried what ever I could to fix it.  d you think running maintenance will fix it?

sAce

you can try, but i didnt mean run maintainance, i wanted you to generate a board permission report

perfects

oh, sorry I misunderstood.
Just clicked on maintenance and these are my options:
forum maintenance
scheduled tasks,
mail
logs

nothing about reports under there

perfects

Arantor

Unfortunately now every single user's post count group is messed up.

To fix it, create a file called fix_post_groups.php in the same folder as SSI.php, containing the following:
<?php
require('SSI.php');
updateStats('postgroups');
?>

Then browse to this file. It should fix your postgroups properly.

perfects

I've never created a file.  Is it possible to give me exact step-by-step info, I don't want to mess anything up for my members I have
thanks for the help

Arantor

Using cPanel, if so what version?

Failing that, use Notepad, put the file name is as I said - but make sure " is around it (otherwise Notepad will add .txt to the filename) then use FTP to upload it.

perfects

thanks I will try my best ;)

Arantor

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP? might be useful.

If you're still having trouble, I'll post the file as an attachment shortly.

perfects

thank you so much for the info, i'm brand new to all this.  And need to learn real fast to keep everything working right ;)  I honestly appreciate all the help I get here, this is what will keep me a SMF user for ever :D  Even if I have to pay one day :D

Arantor

That's one of the good things about SMF - there's usually someone here who'll be able to help you, and it offers a lot of opportunity for developing skills :)

sAce

here you go i created the file for you, just upload to your forum root using cpanel or ftp

and then point your browser to http://yoursite.com/fix_pgrp.php

Advertisement: